Hinge recommendation for replacement doors

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by evo nut, Nov 17, 2009.

1. evo nut

evo nut New Member

Hi guys,

Going to be replacing some old kitchen cupboard doors with new ones

using magnet smooth white doors which are heavy.

as i'm only buying doors no hinges were supplied

which ones do you recommend buying from our hosts or recommendations?

i know blum are good but way to expensive for this job so any recommedation please?

got 11 doors to hand so need 22 hinges!

many thanks

evo nut

2. evo nut

evo nut New Member

forgot to mention all doors are normal so open to i believe 110 degress is that right for a standard hinge

many thanks

evo nut

3. I do not know the circumstances as to why you say Blum would be way to expensive for the Kitchen but I would always go for quality every time.

The Kitchen hinge is the most used part of the Kitchen so needs to be of good quality even in a cheap Kitchen.

If the Kitchen is worth buying replacement doors for and they are as heavy as you say then a quality hinge such as Blum has to be they way to go.

You also get to fit a good quality hinge with easy to use adjustment which will go a little way to make the job easier.

Ray Brock

4. evo nut

evo nut New Member

hi

thank for that i know that blum are the best but ideally could do with them asap so iwas looking to pick them up from a trade counter tomorrow

so can you / anyone recommend any of the screwfix ones?

many thanks evo nut

5. Bedroom Fitter

Bedroom Fitter New Member

I've used SF hinges, only when I needed them in a hurry.

I usually use Grass hinges from Hafele.

If you get them from a trade counter, buy the most expensive 110 they have with a clip-on plate, but don't expect them to have enough!

6. gint

gint Member

I could supply you with 11 pairs of blum soft close hinges Evo, where you based ? Or you could try e-bay

7. evo nut

evo nut New Member

hi,

thanks guys i got some off ebay in the end they were rapid delivered too!

many thanks

evo nut