HIPS

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by seneca2, May 20, 2010.

1. seneca2

seneca2 New Member

I heard on the news this morning that HIPS are out as from today, I wonder what's next?

2. sparkglyn

sparkglyn New Member

3000 jobs gone, oh well.

3. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Its a funny one this. Its been and gone without me ever seeing a single pack, never been involved with it either. So I for one won't notice. :)

4. Yep suspended until they can be finally removed with a act of Parliament.

Suspension actually starts to tomorrow - 21 May, then the HIP providers start suspending them selves shortly after that.

5. Stoday

Stoday New Member

HIP HIP Hooray!

6. davecumbria

davecumbria New Member

Thats one piece of usless beurocracy out of the way...

Now, who is going to see Dave and Nick about Part P then?

7. seneca2

seneca2 New Member

I thought it wouldn't be long before someone mentioned part P. Personally I don't see much wrong with the concept of part P but then again i'm registered so it causes nme no problems at all!

8. seneca2

seneca2 New Member

I'll keep me head down for the rest of the evening!

9. What was the point of a Home Information Pack? I know everything there is to know about my home.

10. essex sparks

essex sparks New Member

Do you think that all the people who spent thousands doing a city & guilds course on becoming a home inspector will get a refund?

11. No, they took the chance. It serves them right for trying to become part of Labour's bureaucratic army of pen pushers. Try getting a proper job you HIP 'inspectors'.

Most of them couldn't inspect the contents of a toilet in my experience.