Hive heating receiver

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by dannyscar, May 20, 2019.

1. dannyscar

dannyscar New Member

Hello,

I'm having a bit of trouble connecting up my hive heating receiver and wondered if someone could point me in the right direction?

I'm replacing my old Honeywell CM61ng thermostat and I naively thought that I could just wire the hive the same way. As you can hopefully see in the pictures I have 2 sets of live, neutral and earth, one set from the wall and one set that goes to the boiler. Finally, I have one white/grey wire and one black wire that must be to turn the boiler on and off. My boiler is an Ideal isar combi boiler.

Following the diagram that comes in the installation manual, I have attached the 2 sets of neutral to the first connector, the 2 sets of live to the second, both earth wires to the earth terminal and I have tried connecting the white/grey and black cables to 3 and 4. However, although the receiver powers on and so does the boiler, when I press the button on the front panel of the receiver the boiler doesn't fire up. I've tried swapping the wires in 3 and 4 but nothing works.

I would be really grateful if someone could provide me with a little guidance, hopefully, I'm just missing something simple.

Thanks in advance.

Ub7aV2tl.jpg IMG_20190520_073755.jpg IMG_20190519_195535.jpg IMG_20190520_073746.jpg

2. Jimbo

Jimbo Screwfix Select

You have a single channel system with a combi - Black (common) goes to terminal 1, Grey is the switched live back to the boiler so goes to 3 (colours based on the "before" photo).

3. dannyscar

dannyscar New Member

Thank you so much Jimbo! I've got it all working now :)