Hive - Removing room thermostat back to junction box and installing dual hive to combi

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by simon williams, May 21, 2018.

1. simon williams

simon williams New Member

I am upgrading my heating to Hive and I have taken off the wall thermostat and put the wires back into the wall, all power is off in the system. I need to disconnect in junction box so wire is just dead in the wall. Is this possible?

All the wires involved in the system all route to a junction box and i have identified which wires are from the thermostat, is it just a case of disconnecting in the junction box.

Also

I have a Worcester 24 combi boiler, which replaced an old water tank system. I have purchased a Hive 2 system with single channel (Heating only) but was sent dual channel(heating and water).

The wiring goes into a old style selection panel/timer with sliding toggles, which still has options for turning Hot water on, but the options are not used now as its a combi.

Is it possible for me to use the dual receiver on a combi system?

Quite a few things to help with, look forward to your answers.

Attached Files: