Homebase !!

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by RolandK, Jul 6, 2018.

1. RolandK

RolandK Active Member

This place deserves to go down the pan! Sorry for the people who work there though. I think someone paid £1 for the ailing retailer a while back; they were overcharged!
    I just went in there with a list of 5 things. Two they were out of stock of, two were on the shelf but impossible to see the price of them anywhere, one item they had and the price was clear so I bought that!!
    I mentioned this at the checkout. The lady said "Yes I know it's terrible isn't it we need a new system but I don't know what that could be." I suggested that the things were placed on the shelves with the price below them! She replied "Well that's OK in theory" but it might not work". She then suggested I might get what I wanted at Wickes!
    Is it Me?

Heat likes this.
  2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Homebase have always ( imho) been pricing themselves out of the market. That together with the pathetic lack of stock , should see the headstone finally installed over their grave.

3. RolandK

RolandK Active Member

Totally agree. Compare them to SF and TS for stock availability, range of products, service and price and they are a joke! ( I have both a SF and TS near me and at the moment I find TS have the edge but don't tell our hosts!) I know homebase sell things the others don't but it's so depressing in there! The staff are understandably miserable and unmotivated.

4. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Well-Known Member

The only reason I go to HB is if they have something I want at a good price. Recently bought outside table and chairs from there, likes of TS and SF don't sell that type of stuff. HB is also walking distance for me.

5. teabreak

teabreak Well-Known Member

Too intent on selling cushions and tat, not a DIY supplier any more more a "Home dressing" store.

6. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Well-Known Member

In there on wednesday.
    Garden section in disarray, prices bleached out.
    Plants in need of watering, and no attention to housekeeping.
    Always been overpriced...and very rarely bought anything from them.
    Most of the soon to be unemployed young girls on the tills disinterested.
    Maybe i can get a closing down deal on a new drill driver as my Hitachi is starting to fail.;)
    Rs