Homeopathy...real or rubbish

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by retiredsparks, Apr 18, 2018.

1. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

I've also only known two people that have had Bells Palsy, one i have known all of my life and the other is my fitting partner. My fitting partner woke up one morning about 3 years ago thinking he had had a stroke.............after the 999 call and being in A&E half an hour latter he was told it was Bells Palsy. He has pretty much recovered from it now and it dosn't affect his life at all.
    The other person is an aunt, that has had it since her early 20's. She was married at the time but her husband died when she was in her 40's. She has had a few relationships since then, but her bells palsy has always brought them to an end. She's in her 80's now, the pic below clearly shows how it still affects her. Love her to bits myself, and she can still drink me under the table lol. Yes, this is a pic i took and yes she has no problem with me posting it.

[​IMG]

Dr Bodgit, CGN, Sparkielev and 3 others like this.
  2. PhilSo

PhilSo Screwfix Select

I hope my earlier picture post hasn't caused your aunt or you any offence.
    I try to approach all my problems, past and present, with a degree of humour.
    I'm sorry she didn't recover physically, but it's great to hear she still enjoys life and your company.
    It is a very distressing ailment that manifest itself very quickly. My young children were very confused and upset that daddy was disfigured.
    I've been fortunate. I've recovered completely. Well 99.9%.
    Some on this forum have been kind and open minded.
    Others have their own agenda.
    Live long and prosper.

PhilSo

btiw2 likes this.
  3. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

Apologies to you if I have come over harsh, I do have every sympathy with your condition and glad that you have come through it. Many, many years ago I had a very serious medical condition and it is no exaggeration to say that conventional medicine, surgery and radiotherapy, saved my life. During that time I also had some "advice" on alternative treatments from non medical, but well meaning (I suppose) people. If I had followed their advice I am quite sure I would be dead. This has perhaps coloured my views. Good that you are now better.

4. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Lol, of course it hasn't caused offence. That's not why i posted her pic anyway. It was just to show that peeps can live through bells palsy for all of there adult life, and let's face it, she is old lod lol. Just a great old bird, than when she does go i know i'll miss a lot.
    How many blokes do any of us know, that can sit down watching the telly with an old aunt that can down more rum and blacks than they could single malts lol. And yes, she looks like she downed a lot of rum and blacks in her life lol.

PhilSo likes this.
  5. facilities

facilities Guest

Long may she live kit, you’ve got a great aunt there, and her sense of humour shines through in your comments,

I’ve always believed that humour is one of the best medicines, even black humour, you need to take the humour out of every situation, I’ve been care home visiting today seeing an old friend with dementia (not that old she’s 63) but we still had a good few chuckles

Anyway I tried acupuncture a few years ago, it wasn’t successful but yer know what, for 2 pins I’d have another go:p

kitfit1, btiw2 and PhilSo like this.
  6. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

See you Thursday, same place, usual time, btiw2 might be joining us.

7. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Give our best to your aunt kitfit, she seems like a real trooper.

kitfit1 likes this.
  8. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

Good views...both sides discussed...good banter.
    Personal stories and experiences.
    All grist to the mill.
    RS

btiw2 and facilities like this.
  9. PhilSo

PhilSo Screwfix Select

Agree with you.
    That's how it should be :D
    PhilSo

kitfit1 likes this.
  10. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

I don’t think you need to apologise. This is RS’s topic, and he did ask for opinions. You supplied and argued yours. Fair play Muz.

Besides, it’s not like anyone here holds grudges - that’s why this is “just talk”. At least I hope they don’t hold grudges, as I think I’ve insulted everyone here at some point. Perhaps that’s why DA and IIR aren’t here - they’re off together plotting my comeuppance.

kitfit1, facilities and PhilSo like this.
  11. facilities

facilities Guest

2BD0A32D-72C3-422A-881E-0D4EF65E8FBD.jpeg

Sokay b2, think I’ve found em, not quite sure though how long they may be away:)

btiw2 and kitfit1 like this.
  12. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Ohhhhhhh xxxk................................nearly spat a very good Merlot out there :D

13. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Papillon? (Not sure about the spelling).

That’s a good movie.

I’m not sure I can imagine either DA or IIR as SteveMcQ though. Can’t they both be Dustin Hoffman?

facilities likes this.
  14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It was a better book.

btiw2 likes this.
  15. PhilSo

PhilSo Screwfix Select

Hadn't realised it was available in audio format.

PhilSo

:D:D:D:D

16. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Yeah?

Cheers Chippie. I’ll add it to my queue.

fillyboy likes this.
  17. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

To be fair, I don't think I've ever read a book and thought the fillum was better.
    Catch 22, .... great book, shocking fillum, numerous others.
    One possible exception, Bravo Two Zero.

btiw2 likes this.
  18. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

the_odd_couple.jpg

19. PhilSo

PhilSo Screwfix Select

Don't read much fiction.
    Are all films based on books?
    Has anybody written a book about a film?
    PhilSo
    I'm more outdoors active.
    Read books poetry to my children.
    Love Rudyard Kipling. If.
    Subjective topic.

20. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

You’re right, there aren’t many exceptions (I haven’t seen the B2Z movie - I didn’t even know there was one, but I enjoyed the book).

The Commitments. I thought a story where music was so important needed, you know, music.

There are cases where the book and the film both work well in different ways by playing to the media’s strength. The Martian, cloud atlas and train spotting spring to mind.

A very quotable poem. Especially on a Friday. Time to make my heart and nerve and sinew serve their turn long after they’ve gone.

PhilSo likes this.