Homepage takes me to bank account?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by glob@l, Apr 26, 2019.

1. glob@l

glob@l Active Member

Google Chrome and Windows10.
    This is likely to be a simple job, but I can't seem to change it... any ideas?

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. glob@l

glob@l Active Member

Yeh!
    No. 4 Shows my bank account website.
    No. 5 If you mean under 'appearance' there's nowhere to click change?
    Odd.

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Strange I would unstall chrome, clear Windows 10 caches, do a full virus scan,thendown chrome again & reinstall,can save bookmarks to add back later.

5. glob@l

glob@l Active Member

Sounds like a plan, I've already started with virus and malware.

6. glob@l

glob@l Active Member

Last night I tried to highlight the bank details (see above) in settings>appearance>show home button and I was unable to change it. This morning I have removed a couple of programs I didn't recognise and tried the above again and it works. I am unsure if it was just me doing something wrong yesterday or the programs were the issue but it's all good now. Thanks for taking the time to offer assistance when it was needed.

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Suspect programs.

8. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

It’s a sign! :D

9. BikerChris

BikerChris Active Member

You could also check that you don't have dodgy extensions, they are like add on mini programmes. Go to the top right and you see this:

Screenshot 2019-04-27 22.05.36.png

You should not have any strange or unused ones, like ask jeeves or search engine express. Here are mine

Screenshot 2019-04-27 22.06.01.png

Hope that helps as well, sometimes these things just add themselves if you are pressing websites like a mad thing :)

10. glob@l

glob@l Active Member

Yeh, I am aware of dodgy extensions, it was suggested while looking in other places for a solution. It's sorted now, all I have to do now is work out how to delete files from 'downloads folder' (not responding) Thanks though it all helps!

BikerChris likes this.
  11. BikerChris

BikerChris Active Member

No probs, glad you sorted it out! May be start in safe mode to delete files?