Hoses underneath washing machine query

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Stuart D, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Stuart D

Stuart D New Member

Hi all, is anyone able to advise please. I have a Hotpoint RD966J washer dryer which has a leak when on the drying cycle. Water comes from underneath the machine and from checking it after a cycle, the water appears to come from the flexible pipes (of which there are two). These are connected between points by what looks like a rubber bung and a jubilee clip kind of attachment. My question is what is this hose and can it be bought and replaced by a novice!?
    Thanks for any advice.
    Stu Screenshot_20201203_143239_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

2. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

The water could be coming from the seal and leaking down have you identified any particular hose you think is leaking the Jubilee clips just squeeze together to release them, have you cleaned out the filter that could be restricted and forcing water out.. ask the spider if she knows where its coming from..

3. Stuart D

Stuart D New Member

Thanks for the reply, it seems to be the hose closest to you as you look at the picture. Looks like it's coming from where the plastic corrugated hose meets the rubber.
    I cleaned the filter and it still leaked. I asked the spider, she'd had one too many and was legless

4. spirits are real 2016

The spider said she was a expert at spin. If you examine the hose around the ribbed surface you might find a split you can take the pipes off but will be better if you had some new Jubilee clips to put it back on or a new one..

5. Stuart D

Stuart D New Member

Ba-dum.
    I've checked for splits and tried temp fix with tape etc with no joy. I'll try jubilee clips. Do you know where I can source these hoses though if I replace the whole thing?

6. spirits are real 2016

Have you tried Amazon or ebay or a online washing machine shop or there might be a repair shop near where you are.. what area are you in.

7. Stuart D

Stuart D New Member

It's just knowing what to search for mate. It only returns to me the inlet hose or the waste pipe etc. I think easiest thing will be for me to remove it and take it to a plumbers merchant to advise.
    Thanks for your help

8. spirits are real 2016

Anytime it hasn't left me drained.

9. spirits are real 2016

What is the make and model of the washing machine i will see what i can find in the PIPE line (pun intended)

10. Stuart D

Stuart D New Member

Hotpoint RD966J. Thanks, I sup-hose I'll wait to see if you find anything

11. spirits are real 2016

Yes i found out it was made in Wales..

12. spirits are real 2016

I would do as you suggested ive tried looking on line but couldn't find anything concrete so i will pipe-down good luck..

13. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

You wont get washing machine spares from a plumbing merchant I very much doubt it

Either a local, appliance spares type place - but these are few and far between nowadays
    Or you have the Internet !

I always use eSpares for appliance spares, huge range of parts available, easy to navigate website, help at hand if you cant locate an item, more items available if a part isn't listed, efficient service

Take a look here, I've started you off with the link to Hotpoint Washing Machine Hoses
    Can also do a model number search and when you've found the part, can double check its suitable by doing a 2nd model number / part check

As you've seen, once you've identified where the leak is coming from, working on the machine is very easy with bags of access. Power off to machine ..... goes without saying

Good luck

https://www.espares.co.uk/search/ma808pt1561/washing-machines/hoses/hotpoint

14. Stuart D

Stuart D New Member

That's really helpful stuff @DIYDave. Thanks so much.

15. spirits are real 2016

I did look on that website but after entering the model number i still couldn't find the part he needs..

16. ffaruk

ffaruk New Member

Did you have any luck with this? I have the same machine with the same leak only on a dry cycle

17. JoshShep

JoshShep New Member

Oh dear, I have the same machine with same leak also on a drying cycle. This is my 2nd machine too with the same leak only on drying cycle. Seems a design flaw to say the least. I'll be pushing for a different machine at this rate.