How best to infill a gap in floor latex?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by RatsAndHounds, Apr 11, 2021.

1. RatsAndHounds

RatsAndHounds New Member

Hi Folks,

I had the kitchen floor levelled with latex a while back which happened after the kitchen base units had been installed. Lino is going to be eventually installed over the top.

I subsequently discovered the kitchen fitter had not left a wide enough gap for a standard 600 wide fridge freezer and the skirting and one base unit has now been removed with a view to a narrower base unit being installed.

This has left a channel on one side of the floor and a rectangular gap on the other - please see photo.

How should I fill the gaps? They are small but I can't leave holes under the lino. There are various masonry polyfilla products on the market but I am not sure how well these would adhere and would they crack or become powdery? I don't know exactly what the type of latex is that was used. Am I better off just asking the latex man to come back to do it? It just seems like a small job to bother someone about.

Thanks for any advice!!

Attached Files: