How do I attach feet to Convector Heater?

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Catherine Sutemire, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Catherine Sutemire

Catherine Sutemire New Member

Product code 855FT Convector Heater with Timmer 2kw @£22.99 came with two light thin plastic black feet, each with 4 holes in (8 holes in total) yet supplied 4 x phillips screws. Instructions simply say attach with self tapping screws (?) and there is only 1 hole per bottom side of convector that a screw will not go into anyway.
    I know i’m blonde but am I missing something? How on earth do these feet fit this product?? I rang screwfix customer line but he had no idea of the problem. I’ve tried You Tube but to no avail. Can someone advise please? Thank you.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Searched & failed to find the instructions:(, self tapping screws cut their own thread,so the pilot holes will be smaller than the screw.

Post some photo's will make things clearer.

Can use Tiny Pic to resize photo's if your's are too large.

http://tinypic.com/

Catherine Sutemire likes this.
  3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

This one? [​IMG]

4. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

The reviews mention the feet troubles... Here

5. blarblarblarblar

blarblarblarblar Active Member

Oh alright then, maybe I should pop round and have a look

6. spirits are real 2016

spirits are real 2016 Screwfix Select

they just clip in to place and the screws will bore their own holes make sure you've got them on the right side fitted plenty of these good heaters

7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

If all else fails.................STIXALL!

8. Catherine Sutemire

Yes thats correct, this one.

9. Catherine Sutemire

No my feet do not clip into anything? Are we talking abiut the same product by chance?

10. Catherine Sutemire

Exactly, i will give it more effort then, i just wanted to double check i wasnt missing something glaringly obvious first (or if i should take it back to fhe shop)

11. Catherine Sutemire

Ha you want to pop around to mine homw to take a look?

12. Catherine Sutemire

A glue of some form i gather? I might have an alternative actually....good idea

13. Catherine Sutemire

There are no holes at all on one side of the heater, difficult trying to knock up ones own holes with one pair of hands as unable to stand it on its side (due to its curvature) Something so simple is made so bloody akward for no reason

14. spirits are real 2016

there should be holes underneath on both sides i think two if not take back for replacement it sounds like it wasn't made right took me two minutes to fix the feet on my one.

15. spirits are real 2016

if you lived in my area i would have a look for you no charge.

16. Catherine Sutemire

Yeah i think i will. I know im female but a pretty handy and usually very good at problem solving or adapting things but this just felt like ive been given feet and screws for a different product.

17. Catherine Sutemire

Ha how do you know where i am and where are you? But thank you, im sure i’ll figure somethinf out

18. Catherine Sutemire

SORTED IT!!!! I loosened the two screws on either end of the convector itself and re-fitted it together. The metal is incrediably soft and can be bent or reshaped ro align more neatly. Better with two pairs of hands mind! But i got there eventually. This realignment presented another hole on the other side of the convector. Still very fiddly (again if only one pair of hands) but if you can press in parts of the metal whilst screwing on the legs, with persistance the screws grip. Therefore two screws per plastic leg despite there being four holes.

Thank you everyone for your responses, ideas and advice...i was determined not to have to drive back to the shops! Ha ha ha.

19. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Think what you've done was mentioned in the reviews.. Maybe go leave a review yourself explaining for others. I've been stuck with things in the past and can be puzzling. Stupid Contraptions. Lol