How Do Open A JCC LED 6 Downlighter Cover?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by JP., Jun 21, 2014.

1. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

The question is absolutely ridiculous but how do you open the JCC Term Lid? I have tried putting a screwdriver in the slot and twisting but it all it does is flex the cover - I don't want to break it. You can see the slot in the photo below - thanks guys for any replies which might be forthcoming.

IMG_2481a.jpg

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Do you not put a screwdriver in and lightly push down while sliding the cover back.

Failing that. 1599px-Claw-hammer.jpg

3. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

Screwdriver in the slot and gently prise up, there are also a couple of lugs either side of the cable entry hole. you can prise the cover gently away from the hole to release them. There are 2 depressions either side of the hole where they are secured.

The cover comes upwards rather than slide off.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  4. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Flippin' eck, JP! :) Small terminal screwdriver. Pop the lid at each corner then flip up with the front slot.

5. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Same with the cable clamp inside. Push a screwdriver in to each side and it pops out. Or, try to remove it with your fingers...like I did....:D

6. unclemonkey

unclemonkey New Member

lever it open! bit more force will do the trick

7. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Thanks very much for the advice Un and lads. It will save me breaking it.

8. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

JP you actually have me doubting if I should have an emergency light in my shower room now.

9. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Hi Mr C. The reason I fitted the EML pack is because the shower room has no windows or any source of light if the power goes down/Rcd trips etc etc. As you can well appreciate without lights the room would be plunged into total darkness which obviously is not good. I don't know if the Regs require an EML (I don't take much notice of regs in general), but it is one of those common sense things really..you have to evaluate the situation and either fit one or not tbqh, and of course if the regs say you have to fit one then that's the way it is..circumvention of said would be futile really as no one would want to breach BS7671 without good reason tbqh.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  10. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

11. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

You managed to open that there jay see see fittin yet pardner?