How do you reckon the former Great Britain is now viewed by the world?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, May 15, 2018.

1. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

You are only saying that because you know my points are true and hard hitting. ;)
    Anyway, since when did deviating from original points become not normal on this forum? :p
    Although, I would have thought the subject of benefit abusers was very relevant to a thread about how outsiders view Great Britain (soft and full of freeloaders)

2. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I don't think it's as simple as that, I've seen people who have moved to the UK from Pakistan in the 60's and worked in factories or drove taxis, and they have to a large degree integrated into our society, in the 60's and 70's, possibly the 80's as well, a hijab was something you would only see in the pages of National Geographic.
    Their children however, the following generation who were born and raised in this country are the ones who adopt the hijab, go off to Syria to fight or even commit acts of terror in this country. I don't know why this happens, does anyone?.

3. DIY womble

DIY womble Well-Known Member

Disillusionment perhaps , same thing with school shootings usa

4. Yes, some do that, but obviously not many. Alarmingly, tho', it's from both the very well educated and the disillusioned 'looser' ends of society. Why do they do it? I guess because they swallow the propaganda given over the internet by radical imams. To be frank, the West - the US in particular - has often given them enough ammo with scenes of destruction, Muslim children being blown apart, and other atrocities. Of course, it is also often exaggerated and even falsified.

It might seem incredible that educated folk can watch these things and be misled and swayed by it, but then an awful lot of us Brits pretended to believe that Brexit would give us back our sovereignty and save us £350m per week.

:)

5. No, I said that because the original point was deliberately not answered, but was instead handled with a swerve. Very common, that.

6. Not that I'm aware of, but fornication and homosexuality are.

And Jesus was pretty pished at the gamblers in the den, wasn't he?

I'm just pointing out the bleedin' obvious - that JJ will only say 'stuff' about Muslims.

7. Is it really the 'absolute truth' that half the young men leaving the mosque head off to the pub or a gambling den?

Is "Thou shalt not tell porkies" not a Christian commandment?

8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

Okay, then I will answer, with my opinion (that’s what we have to do isn’t it, - give our individual viewpoint?)
    The thread is -
    How do you reckon the former Great Britain is now viewed by the world?

Firstly, an answer to the above question is only speculation, -
    ( unless you fancy asking most people in the world what they think of us? )
    Therefore, unless any answers are about something totally irrelevant, then they are not swerving the answer.
    The word “former” Is obviously used in the title along with playing with the meaning of the word “Great”, but that in itself is only an opinion of the OP.
    I would say the world, generally speaking, knows we are still one of the best nations, or indeed some will say the best.
    Any of the people in the world who know something about the UK, will know we are soft and that we pander to many scum, both here and elsewhere in the world. They might view us as a nation in decline, but for varying reasons. Whether that makes those people think of us in a totally negative way, or to be exploited, or as a decent nation, will depend on the person, perhaps their background and experiences and perhaps their politics.
    Basically, yes I am saying the original question was stupid as it hasn’t a definitive answer.
    Might as well ask the question -
    What does the world think of this forum?

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  10. joinerjohn1

DA will only be happy if the EU swallows the “former Great Britain” and subdues it ,
    to becoming a federal state of the EU, together with the EU running it. As I said before, he’s one of these people that lives in a forest, but still hasn’t seen a piece of wood. ;)

Heat likes this.
  11. You are right. My thread was obviously - and mildly amusingly - biased towards what I am certain is the case. How could we not be looked at with derision with the utter mess we are creating for ourselves, and the exposure of the innate hatred and bigotry felt by much of our population? The sheer nastiness and bitterness and cynicism which has been so exposed by this vote, which has blown out of the water any pretence we had of being a forward-looking and tolerant nation.

That's my view.

Happy to hear yours - that's what the thread is all about. But, listen up - whatever you say is legitimately open to being tackled. No swerves, no avoidance, no JJ-isms.

I've asked JJ to state categorically if he truly believes that the two sides of the EU Ref campaign were remotely equally dishonest and misleading. He has failed to do so. That's what I mean by 'swerve'.

As well you know. :rolleyes:

12. DA will be 'happy' if you grow a pair and answer my question.

Oh, both questions.

The ones in which you insinuate - but never ever actually answer.

C'mon, JJ - the courage of your convictions... :rolleyes:

13. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

Hatred and bigotry was always there and just became more noticeable when people have voiced their opinions, anger or pleasure that the majority vote was to leave the EU.
    And on the subject, - Still some good news - Red Ken has left the Labour Party. ... or is that bad news?

14. joinerjohn1

DA , I also asked if you believed that both sides of the referendum campaign were equally dishonest and told lies. A question that you have (as yet) failed to answer. Do you admit equally disingenuous lies were told by the Remain campaign ( or did you fall hook, line and sinker for Project Fear ) ?

15. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Apparently he didn't like Jews either.

16. joinerjohn1

DA seems to believe that only indigenous Brits are capable of hatred and bigotry.
    Strange that, I thought he liked everyone apart from his fellow countrymen

Heat likes this.
  17. Tsk, JJ - I asked you first :rolleyes:.

What's more - I did reply, in post #76; "Sigh... Must I? Yet again?

Yes, JJ, the Remain campaign was pitiful, pathetic, scary-mongery, exaggerated, shallow.

One could - just about - argue that 'lies' were told by them too, but one could also - just about - argue that every budget we have had since the ref has, to some extent, been fighting against the negative effects of that vote. So, yes, it was silly of Hammond - but a 'lie'? Hardly. A gross exaggeration? Ok. (And did he say "he'd punish the bludy electorate"? Don't be silly.)

Cut to the chase, JJ - just say it: the lies and distortions were equally pernicious on both sides. Just say it if you truly believe it.

You have a chance, JJ, to be reasonable in these discussions. You are clearly trying to defend your vote - that's no surprise - but hopefully not at any cost to your dignity. Do you really think that citing Mothercare is helping you? You know what'll happen if you carry on like this - Bee-Two will give you another verbal spanking
    ."

Want me to go further? Ok - no way on this planet were the relatively small number of silly exaggerations of the Remain campaign - much/most of which is already coming true - anywhere as deliberately deceitful and pernicious as those told by the Leave campaigns. Nowhere close.

There, happy?

Your turn.

18. Oh look - there's JJ saying another "DA seems to believes..." pile of bar locks so as to avoid the unavoidable.

Pitiful and shallow and transparent, JJ. You should be better than that.

Are you?

19. joinerjohn1

You fall quite a way short of saying they were lies though DA, by adding the rider, “ just about argue” . There was no just about it DA. Man up and admit it.

20. Yes, burbling under the surface. All it took was the pathetic lying glibisms of Farage and Banks and Gove and Johnson - and half the population wee'd themselves in delight at the thought they could now express what's inside them.