How long does 2 part filler smell for? and best adhesive for beading?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Vin B, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Vin B

Vin B Member

Hi All,

Finally had a chance to get old carpet up and put down new LVT. As from an older thread, I went ahead with the bonda decor fill 2 part filler to fill gaps in the tiles where the gripper nails came out, and pretty happy with the result.

But, I thought the smell given off would clear quick after the reaction completes? Been pretty windy here so a good draught to clear it out, but its still pretty noticeable about 4 hours after finishing. I've got half the floor down now but wondering, is that normal? Or have I messed up the ratio of the 2 parts, and it's going to carry on stinking for a long time?

Also, any recommendations for beading adhesive? Used a titan nail gun on earlier attempts in the house but wondering if adhesive might be easier.

Thanks in advance

2. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Not sure if we are talking about same thing. But...

2 part filler dose smell for a day. Eventually goes. Upol is the worst but dries the hardest. Some use heat gun glue to stick beads down with no nails. The glue gun holds it while the no nails sets

3. Vin B

Vin B Member

Thanks Wayners, Upol looks similar, will leave a few windows open overnight then.
    Glue gun, interesting! Got one in the loft somewhere, will give it a try.

4. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Some 2 pack wood fillers are soft so they sand easy. Upol make a rage but the upol easy one is harder but they all smell horrible.

Glue gun works well but is known not to hold solid for the long time. Carpet fitters use glue guns but I don't know if they use a specific glue for gripper. Seems different hot glue to what I have..