how much for scaffolding??

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by arsenalboy, Sep 19, 2006.

1. arsenalboy

arsenalboy Member

Can anyone give me views on how much I should pay for scaffolding hire.
    I want to paint the front of my 2 storey mid terraced house. I have front garden so a permit is not required and access is good. Normal height house. I would probably need it for 2 weeks. I live in Plymouth in Devon. The reason I ask is that I understand that this can be a cut throat business with high prices and low prices depending upon the state of their order books. So just wanted to know what a reasonable price would be.

2. limestone cowboy

limestone cowboy New Member

Could you hire a aluminium tower if it's just for painting? Scaffolding will be expensive and a bit over the top for the use you will get from it.

3. Shedmen

Shedmen New Member

Paid £500 for 6 weeks on the south coast for 3 lifts to a Victorian 2 storey terrace. 3rd lift to do the gable. Early this year.

Felt quite happy with that.

The extra time handy for allowing for inclement weather and the other jobs I found when I got up there over and above the decorating.

Shedmen

4. Cornish Crofter

Cornish Crofter Active Member

Aresonalboy

A good company down there is Phoenix Scaffolding. I know someone that uses them a lot and they do put it up properly. Expect to pay around £300 or so.

Alternitively I would look at hiring the tower. Go to Brandon Tool Hire off Exeter street. Haggle over the hire rates.

If you need any other pointers for stuff let me know. I live around 20 miles away from you.

Travis Perkins are doing good deals on Dulux weathershield trade at te moment. Don't even think of going to B and Q!

5. jcredd

jcredd New Member

Buy yourself a scaffold tower for 3-400. Use it for the job and then sell it for 200. I bought a tower 7 years ago to paint the outside of my house and its been used every year since for odd jobs