How much plasterboard adhesive?

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by nokd, Mar 24, 2005.

1. that'll stop the nails! bit of tape!

Think its a case of protecting copper pipes from effect of corrsion, of cement surfaces!

2. dj.

dj. New Member

well then wires should be covered, yeah?? err no, and there is no cement in dri-wall adhesive.

3. Bob Property

Bob Property New Member

wgr - it's not that they have no idea about the trade that I find annoying, it's the "easy money" attitude - just buy a property and do it up and sell it and make load of money. Almost anyone can do it in a rising market. It's a TV fashion trend following on from makeover programmes and rising house prices. Give it a few years and we will see "Property Ladder 3 - I've done a house up but can't sell it to cover my debts" followed by Alan Ravenscroft's "A cheap retirement home in Ngorno Karabakh

4. there's cement in the mortar between the blockwork! sorry, I'm be pedantic!!

5. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

It's only damaging to pipes when it not set Spike!

6. panlid

panlid New Member

for f*s sake.... just stick the bloody board on will ya?

[Edited by: admin3]

7. dj.

dj. New Member

there's cement in the mortar between the blockwork!

which is why they should be taped or covered in some way but they don't have to go in ducting.

8. wgr

wgr New Member

agreed mate, but people thinks its dead easy they but a house with HUGE ideas a budget that would just about cover the carpets they buy..there is no rise any more apart from where i am from where you can still buy a 4bed detatched for 60'000.. but god help ya if ya leave your car outside...

at the end of the day i would go on there just to see sarah beenys ** in the flesh!!

9. dj.

dj. New Member

as sid says really mix the stuff a but thicker and stick the f**r to the wall job done.

10. Bob Property

Bob Property New Member

SID - I hope he has used some pipe clips somewhere.
    What is a DIY property developer/instant builder?

11. wgr

wgr New Member

thats what i mean bob "easy money" its not, i dont do developing or out i am a self employed spreader but there poeple get on my t**s buy a house cock it up and make money cos of a rise in the market and they think they made an achievement they havent they were a nats c**k from losing 20k....cos of there diy b****s

12. Bob Property

Bob Property New Member

13. wgr

wgr New Member

spread the walls, i would spread something on her!!!

14. Bob Property

Bob Property New Member

wgr - Just noticed on the apply page (the second link)says it should be your first development - can't have anyone on who might know more than the presenter then?

15. wgr

wgr New Member

hahaha yes cos that would make her look silly...

16. wgr

wgr New Member

they only pick the people who make her look good i havent seen one yet that hasnt been a complete plank!

developing property to sell who would spent 2000 just on carpets!!!get real!

17. panlid

panlid New Member

bob of course there will be clips somewhere but you dont put them where you are trying to keep them tight to the wall..SID - I hope he has used some pipe clips somewhereare you for real?
    also i thought it would be pretty obvious what a property developer/instant builder was. its someone who does a bit of diy. they buy a house after watching these programmes, they do the house up. and sell on. they think it is a piece of **** doing building work so they start doing little jobs for there mates etc. now!. when doing up a house to sell, if someone wants the house they will buy it regardless of what the quality of work is like as most of the time they just want to move in and have no work straight away. but most of the time within 2 years all the shoddy work will have been repalced. OUR INSTANT BUILDER DOES NOT KNOW THIS!. so he carries on thinking he is good at it. i spend half my life ripping out **** work that these so called developers do as it is laughable. but as they are doing on a property for sale they get away with it. when they get confident and start doing private work they get found out. i know a couple of guys who did this and they got kicked of loads of jobs without being paid. they went back to developing where you get away with it. i have just put one job right where the instant builder fixed internal casings to the studded walls with 1"1/2 ovals. nuff said!

18. Damn someone opened a can of worms on this thread.

I just figured the guy would find it easier to put the adhesive on the board and then stick it to the wall, being a novice and all.

It takes years of flexible wrist action just to get that flick right to make just the right amount of gear stick to the wall. :)

19. wgr

wgr New Member

we would lose a third of our work if there people didnt exist!!! cos we gotta rip it out and do it again..

was at one this week been skimmed over artex and instead of doing whole wall they dif half bonded over artex on a wall then skimmed.. leaving IT half way down the wall about 15mm proud of the rest of the wall...they told the guy to just sand the rest of the wall and they would be alright!!

WHO THE **** ARE THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!

20. wgr

wgr New Member

mudster the flick is a bit of it, the perfect mix is the trick!