How much plasterboard adhesive?

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by nokd, Mar 24, 2005.

1. panlid

panlid New Member

screw heads proud on skirtings, linings etc and painted over.
    terrible mitres on archs and skirts.
    sockets leaning.
    doors not shutting properly.
    kitchen cupboard doors all over the place.
    terrible tiling.
    badly patched holes where pipes and sockets moved.
    cheap laminate floor, cut round archs and siliconed.
    spindles leaning.
    poor painting/cutting in.
    window boards not level.
    kick boards not fitted properly in kitchen.
    new hinges on doors painted over.
    shower trays leaking.
    window sticking
    rads out of level
    pipes next to wall so cant skirt and no boxing.
    damp painted over.
    loose floorboards under fitted carpet.

just some of the things i saw in a modernised house i was asked to inspect about 6 weeks ago.

house done by a fireman in his spare time.....

2. wgr

wgr New Member

damp painted over...how many f**n times do you have to see that???

its like your van making strange noises cos you have no oil and rather than filling it up turning up the radio so you cant hear it
    same thing!!!!!!

[Edited by: admin3]

3. wgr

wgr New Member

a property developers idea to convert cellar????

paint the walls with B&Q waterseal masonary paint!

4. panlid

panlid New Member

would you do that if you were selling it;)

5. wgr

wgr New Member

out of interest, how do ya get the faces on the message???

i would cover anything if i was selling something, then they can pay me to fix it soon as its their house...lol

6. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

7. panlid

panlid New Member

type
    : then ) next to each other or
    ; then )
    : then D

8. panlid

panlid New Member

bstyle you got an apple for teacher? swot!;)

9. Good link, that one Bsytle :)

10. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

I was taking a leaf out of Handymans book.......he's a right boffin!

Have a look on page 2 of my link, it's got them all on there. Like I'm gonna remember them all!

11. wgr

wgr New Member

:+)

12. wgr

wgr New Member

**** it

13. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

lol wgr!! :)

Theres a preview button before you post if you want to check to see if it's worked

14. Bob Property

Bob Property New Member

SID I've just lost a half page reply I was writing to you about "instant builders", life, the universe and everything. And I'm supposed to know about computers too! I shall compose a measured response at a later date!

15. panlid

panlid New Member

lol bob. ive done that to. if your post takes ages to type i think it times out.

16. Bob Property

Bob Property New Member

SID - I'll reply a bit at a time then. I would not have been happy with any of the faults you listed in your post about the "done-up" house, I would hope that my standard of work was better than that 30 years ago. In fact, I'm sure my standard of work 30 years ago was better than that. It all goes back to money. The house you looked at may have appeared to be a bargain when they first bought it because the buyers were rushing to get on or up the property ladder and didn't appreciate how much it would cost to do a proper job. Panicking into "not missing out" they go ahead despite the notes in the survey saying the finish isn't that good. What they should have done is get you (or someone like you) to check it out first and give them a realistic price for a proper job, but, as I said, they panic buy and regret later.

17. panlid

panlid New Member

bob i know thats exactly how it works but sometimes like you say people need to buy quick. everyone expects to do decorating and maybe a few alterations but my point is that the work was done like that in the first place and the person who probably did it is now telling his mates how easy it is and how successful he is. i have customers who show me their own work and it might be atrocious but all i can say is it looks fine. but then they say things like "its not hard is it". i have to bite my tongue as if i did work that ** they would kick me out without paying.

18. Bob Property

Bob Property New Member

SID I think you are being too kind to your customers. I don't think I could tell someone that their work wasn't er bobbins, if, in fact, it was. But then I am not usually in that situation. If I am looking at buying something that isn't too clever then I will use it to my advantage, either directly with the client or their estate agent (usually with the estate agent, they can earn their fee by explaining to their client that their whatever is rubbish and will cost a fortune to fix and I'll never buy their house at that price with that wrong with it)

19. Bob Property

Bob Property New Member

SID - just re-read the post - YOU'D bite you tongue and not tell it like it is! I'm seeing a whole new side of you!