How much plasterboard adhesive?

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by nokd, Mar 24, 2005.

1. panlid

panlid New Member

lol bob, but remember you lot dont pay my mortgage, and you already know i cant spout ** on cue:D

[Edited by: admin3]

2. nokd

nokd New Member

Bloody Hell....i never usually get more than aboout 3 replies!!!Cheers everyone, i feel inspired to have another go and not **** myself when it all starts falling off. I've gotta say that i don't see many of the properties on property ladder 'cos i'm usually transfixed by Ms Beenys ** for the full hour. Is it my imagination or do they keep getting bigger? Mudster, in answer to your concern that my wrist might not be flexible and flickable you should watch sarah beeny as well. It has only taken me two series to have a wrist like arnie.

Cheers luvs

[Edited by: admin3]

3. Gusset

Gusset New Member

Eh? - a few posts back someone said "bobbins"?
    When I were a lad and living in Manchester (well Bramhall actually, the posh southern bit pronounced Brem-hall, we weren't allowed to talk to rough boys like Sid) bobbins meant very good. I was lashed up in a pub in Bollington the other week and found out it now means very bad. When did that change?

4. chappers

chappers Member

but don't forget bad is good now innit ;)

5. Bob Property

Bob Property New Member

"bobbins" - It was me. I was being polite and trying to put something that would not upset the murderator. I think you can blame Chris Sievey for popularising it via Frank Sidebottom's appearances on local radio stations.

6. dj.

dj. New Member

gusset i was always a little bit concerned about your name as you know, now i find out that you have been to bollington the interbred capital of the UK. so now i'm really worried about you. did you meet hankyman on your jaunt?? you will recognise him, he would have been walking around with an orange bucket. :)

7. panlid

panlid New Member

gusset my dad always told me it was all the posh boys who end up bottom bursters so stay away from them. i know bramhall well and yes it is full of tea mushers.
    dj i think maybe handyman you and gusset are cousins:D

8. panlid

panlid New Member

sorry us rough boys from somewhere in south manchester allways used bobbins as meaning rubbish. as in if you went to bremhall you would end up with a load of bobbins mingled in your farmers.;)

9. dj.

dj. New Member

sid, don't tar me with the same brush as them two i didn't marry my sister, or brother in hanky's case.
    anyway how did this thread turn from dri-wall adhesive to farmers, piles, rockfords, haemorrhoids, or what ever else you know them as!!!

10. Gusset

Gusset New Member

I live darn sarf now but drink in Bollington quite regularly - not the interbred end though, I go the other end beyond the viaduct cos the sheep are prettier and most will roll over for a pint of Robbies. Did see a man with an orange bucket but it was full of pig nuts, must have been a pervert. I was born in Bowden, bit dodgy there though eh Sid, moved to Bremhall but my dad was worried about me growing up there too so we moved to Hazel Grove, 22 pubs in a mile and a half, saved me from a bum burster's life but am now a raving alcoholic.
    Wish I was related to DJ, might get my plastering done a bit cheaper.

I have no idea what this has to do with plasterboard adhesive either.

11. dj.

dj. New Member

ahh, so you'll be going to the spinners and the likes will you gus? there is quite a few over there all in walking distance from each other admitedly a good place for a good session on the booze, however i havn't been there for about twelve years.
    a seamless link to ask you when you are going to join us at
    http://www.trustedtradesmen.com/forum/default.asp

and call into our pub??

dj.

12. Gusset

Gusset New Member

Ooh dj are you asking me out on a date? Haven't been on one of them for years! I'll see you there!

Spinners - Meridian - Church House - Poachers and a few others, plenty to choose from and a fine curry at Vic & Roy's after closing time & before the lock-in.

13. panlid

panlid New Member

gusset thats a bit of a hike for a pint. or do you just like mongling with real english people

14. Gusset

Gusset New Member

Still got a few mates living in bolly/macc and family in Hazel Grove, I come back every now & then to remind me how to say bath not baaaarth and path not paaaarth and to remember what a decent pint of Robbies tastes like and what its like to have someone behind a shop counter make conversation & not treat you like scum.
    Homesick, me? Naaa...:-(

15. Gusset

Gusset New Member

I'm not sure if mongling was a typo or you meant it, whatever, its a good new word and I shall use it often!

16. panlid

panlid New Member

LOL:D
    gussets feeling the magnetic north pull!!!!

17. Gusset

Gusset New Member

Not sure if its magnetic, might be the smell of bacon sarnies on me mam's apron strings.

I mongled quite a lot today, god I love that word!