how much to fit 5 letter plate ?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by stevie.c, Aug 1, 2006.

1. stevie.c

stevie.c New Member

ive got to go and fit 5 letter plates tomorrow in oak front doors.im going to make a jig and use my big router.ive not been on price work for years,and i was just wondering what the site lads get for fitting letterplates.there is a labourer there to help me on and off with these back braking doors.cheers steve

2. britishblue

britishblue New Member

Don't know the price, but bear in mind that the oak is going to blunt your router cutters pretty quickly, so add this into your costing.

BB

3. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I would charge £50 per door plus £15 for a cutter so £265

4. pooh

pooh New Member

i think your more likely to get 20 quid each on site

the way i do it is to make template out of a sheet of mdf this fits between the stiles of the doorframe and rests on the floor
    this way i dont need to take the door off
    very quick

5. stevie.c

stevie.c New Member

thanks for the replies everyone.ended up doing it on dayrate £130,long story.wish i would of got £50 a plate, had them all fitted by 3 oclock with the back plates.it was a piece of p##s once a made the jig.pooh i like the idea of mdf in the stiles but in this case the plate had to go in the bottom rail.