how much?

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by gas-man, Nov 21, 2008.

1. gas-man

gas-man New Member

just wondering how much use guys would charge to tile a bathroom? 1.7 x 1.2 x 2.3 wall and floor. just a rough idea! cheers

2. BUILDABOY21

BUILDABOY21 New Member

Would depend on several factors...usually would want to see any job before quoting.
    However, on the assumption that I would be using a general ceramic tile and that all walls and floor are prepared...I would say as a rough guide somewhere between £750 and £1000 plus materials.
    Hope this helps you for comparison...

3. £1K plus materials, but really need to see the job, is the suite fitted, have I got to take out basin and WC etc

4. yeehaa

yeehaa New Member

Can you guys explain how you got those figures , bearing in mind that it is 15.5 Sq mtrs (ish) of tiling , even at £30 per sq mtr that would come to about £460 (plus materials)- not disputing anything , just want to see if I'm missing something here ;)

5. blueassedfly!

blueassedfly! New Member

AT 45pm walls £607 for 13.1m
    floor @ 2.04 M £125
    Plus materials!

6. BUILDABOY21

BUILDABOY21 New Member

I do not price per m2...when tiling a small bathroom you still have same number of cuts to make.You also still have sanitary items to tile behind or to remove, tile and replace again.My opinion is that price per m2 is a loss leader unless tiling large areas.

7. blueassedfly!

blueassedfly! New Member

thats why my perm price was 50% dearer than the othre chaps! :)

8. gas-man

gas-man New Member

ive already removed all the tiles and prep the walls, the suite is removed. 1k seems ridiculous to tile a small bathroom.

9. Gas-man, you asked for a rough price, that's exactly what you got.

You've added extra info in, you've removed tiles and prepped the walls.

Are they ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tiles, size of tiles, is the suite still in place, what prep is needed on the floor, I could go on.

So asking for a rough price is also ridiculous.

10. GKU

GKU New Member

I would say about £700 - £750 if all walls prepped and no suite in the way , depends on what has got to be done to the floor before tiling and the type / size of tile as well ;)

11. blueassedfly!

blueassedfly! New Member

gas-man, do you find people telling you how much you charge is ridiculous when they know nothing of YOUR job?
    without seeing the "prepd" room is almost impossible to give a reasonable estimate!

you have asked the equivalent of "i have a house and it needs a gasline fitted, how much?

12. gas-man

gas-man New Member

well thanks lads for all your replies! got it done for 300 wich would seem just about right! thanks for your moan ex kitchen fitter!! maybe thats why ur an ex fitter charging those prices! :)

13. GKU

GKU New Member

I would put a nice thick rug down in case they start falling off mate , thats very cheap , so cheap in fact it makes you wonder if the guy who did it was desperate for work for some reason , or was he a proper tiler even :O :O

14. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

I would happily charge £300 for the work, I would need to get it done in a day though.

15. GKU

GKU New Member

LOL - or maybe the tea break :^O :^O

16. debit cruncher

debit cruncher New Member

£300 for that, hope you feed the horse as well. Yeehaa ;)

17. well thanks lads for all your replies! got it done for 300 wich would seem just about right! thanks for your moan ex kitchen fitter!! maybe thats why ur an ex fitter charging those prices!

Hey plonker, you came on here and asked for a rough price and that's what you got.

You haven't volunteered any useful info, so you got a rough price.

As for your last bit, you haven't a clue what you're talking about so bog off back to you bits of pipes.

18. gas-man

gas-man New Member

looks like the credit crunch and polskis has taken over the tilling! it is taking 3 days haha wouldnt get out of bed for that!!! but i suppose is not like c*rgi where a qualification is required. dot and dab ! haha :)

19. If it's so easy do it yourself and then post some pics of the job.

20. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

I would love to see some pics of the job that takes 3 days and costs £300.

I know Gas-man has read this, I wonder if he will post some pics, he hasn't got a leg to stand on unless we see the work he has had done.