how much?

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by gas-man, Nov 21, 2008.

1. gas-man

gas-man New Member

i will post the picts when the jobe is done, if i can figure out how! i bought all the material tiles,grout,adhesive etc etc + 300 pound labour+ cups of tea and biscuits!! that goes along way. looking verry good!! bargain :)

2. blueassedfly!

blueassedfly! New Member

till the vans round the corner and the tiles all fall off!

3. GKU

GKU New Member

Well , its your house bud , and as long as you're happy thats all that matters ;) But like I said earlier , put a nice thick rug down on the floor , at least for a few months , then the wall tiles wont damage the floor tiles if they start falling off :)

4. gas-man

gas-man New Member

yeh your right!!! so much hate on this forum when someone gives an honest quote! oh well ill leave use to slog it out in this forum! 1000 quid hahahahaha :-D

5. No hate just a lot of well founded scepticism.

The rough quote included removing the basin and wc, stripping all old tiles, making good walls, making good floor, preping floor for tiling, tiling walls, tiling floor, sealing tiles,replacing wc at the end of each day, replacing wc and basin, making good pipework, clearing away all mess. It assumed natural stone was used.

To me that's a weeks work, I charged out at £200 per day I was never short of work.

You didn't supply any info so that's what I based my rough quote on.

Now if you said you wanted a few B&Q specials putting up then it would have £300

6. gas-man

gas-man New Member

up then it would have £300

kitchen fitter do you ever do any work?? im of sick just now! no wonder u can type away all day with those prices! just try lowering your price then you will actually get a job and get off the computer!!!

7. debit cruncher

debit cruncher New Member

Make sure you get the full 10yard warranty, cause before he gets to the gate you will spot something wrong yourself!

8. kitchen fitter do you ever do any work?? im of sick just now! no wonder u can type away all day with those prices! just try lowering your price then you will actually get a job and get off the computer!!!

Actually I don't work because I'm now in a wheel chair.

I guess from your other posts you work for BG, nice to have sick schemes etc.

My rates provided me with cover for sick days, holidays and insurances, van , tools etc which if you work for BG is all provided.

9. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

gas man. £200 a day isn't expensive.

My decorator earns that.

Get the pics up. use something like Photobucket then post a link to them on here.

10. GKU

GKU New Member

so much hate on this forum when someone gives an <u>honest</u> <u>quote</u>! oh well ill leave use to slog it out in this forum! 1000 quid hahahahaha :-D

Thats not an honest quote , its a quote from someone who is A- desperate for work(why) or B- someone who <u>does'nt</u> know what they're doing properly or C- someone who does know what they're doing and has cut corners or D- a polski (and you get what you pay for wiv them ) ;).
    I've genuinely been trying to help you out on this subject bud , but for some reason you won't accept it , its down to you mate its your house , best of luck to ya :)

11. blueassedfly!

blueassedfly! New Member

gas-man
    old chinese proverb

"Good things no cheap, Cheap things NO good"

Best of british old boy

12. GKU

GKU New Member

cordless - I like that one , nice one buddy ;)

13. gas-man

gas-man New Member

hows about a good scottish proverb!!

full bathroom £300 very cheap!

full bathroom brilliant job!

guy finished today looks amazing! honest ill try get the pics up. the boy said he has been really quiet, so thats why it was so cheap. he said all his mates are the same, suppose the credit crunch is not so bad after all!!! :)

14. bathstyle

bathstyle Active Member

Make sure you use a decent bath mat for your tiled floor, I have known a few Scots having trouble with slippery floors due to excessive sweating ;)

Look forward to the pics :)

15. GKU

GKU New Member

"hows about a good scottish proverb!!!

Ah !!! , now things are becoming a bit more clear , you're <u>Scottish</u> then :^O :^O

16. JackB

JackB New Member

I've been following this post with interest.
    Someone asked me to quote for something almost the same as this one, he said he'd been quoted £280, wondered if I could beat it!!! I have cut my prices down but this was ridiculous.

17. gas-man

gas-man New Member

yeh thanks jack, still cant get the pics on but its a wonderful job and im a picky so and so!! its definitely a sign of the times! i must admit i was expecting around 450 or so :)

18. audi-evo

audi-evo Active Member

had my bathroom done a few weeks ago.
    I had a firm do the full refurb but they did itemise everything.
    The tiling part was £800 odd quid (+vat) including all adhesives, beads and grout.
    Top job, all walls and floor, around 28m2.

19. gas monkey

gas monkey Well-Known Member

hi gasman
    did my bathroom in 2 days same size
    floor morning walls afternoon next day grout at your leaser

20. gas monkey

gas monkey Well-Known Member

prices
    plasters are the same no real prices depend who does it,job 5 rooms two plasters, 1st one 1700 notes they are big rooms 2nd 920 notes