How to connect two units

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Paul Blackburn, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Bob256

Bob256 Active Member

I'm just trying to help so not wanting to get into an argument or anything. There's no need to shout :)

The part numbers are different because the instructions are for a complete "home theatre" setup that also includes the speakers. The amplifier/receiver in this setup is almost certainly the model that the OP mentioned, though I will admit that he had a spurious "h" in his model number (but there is nothing similar in the Yamaha range AFAICS).

2. How do you connect the speakers to the Amp I am presuming you have to have a bare wire but there are no holes to put the wires into

3. Bob256

Bob256 Active Member

You should be able to unscrew the red and black plastic parts from the metal terminals. The terminals have holes in the side that you put the bare wires into. You then secure them by screwing the plastic parts back on. If the terminals are not like this, then we definitely do need a photo of your actual unit. By the way, I think this is covered in the more detailed manual linked to earlier.

4. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

You can use this site to resize your images to upload on here:

https://imageresizer.com/image-compressor

It will avoid this unnecessarily turning into a multipage thread!

5. I clicked on the link you sent and when I went to install the programm it is asking for my bank card details and I am very wary about disclosing this information.

6. Here is apicture of the tear of the amp the only way I could do it was do a screen print and put it into paimnt and save in my documents.There seems to be no holes in the metal terminals.

Attached Files:

7. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

You don’t always get a hole in the terminal. Just wrap the cable round the metal inner post and screw the outer plastic screw tight. You also have a set of terminals marked B. For these, push on plastic terminal tab, push bared wire in hole and release the tab. The wire is clamped. You seem to have an AV amp with two main front speakers plus the block C Set with supports the centre, rear right and rear left. If you only have two speakers you do not use these.

make sure whiskers from wires are not touching one from another wire.

8. The model number of the Amp should be Yamaha HDR-5630
    Apologies for that

9. This a picture of the Amp

Attached Files:

10. I am only going to use Amp A

11. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

There is only one amp. It’s just you have two sets of terminals for front speakers. You may have to choose set A OR B from the front panel

12. With reference to quasar9's post about connecting the speaker wire to the terminals as there are no holes to put the wire through He suggested Just wrap the cable round the metal inner post and screw the outer plastic screw tightBut you cannot get to the terminals and there is not enough space to get the wires in.And the outer plastic caaps do not come off. Thank's again for the replies but I will continue as I know what need's to be done just have to figure it out.

Attached Files:

14. Bob256

Bob256 Active Member

Looking at the instructions, perhaps the caps do not come off completely, but can be unscrewed to loosen:

upload_2022-1-27_16-32-8.png

15. Bob256

Bob256 Active Member

The other option is to use the "B Main" connections. These might be easier than using the "A main" as they are simple spring clips. I had hesitated to suggest these in case of confusion with the surround speaker connections that look similar but I think it is pretty obvious which ones to use.

16. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

I did suggest this but OP has stated “I am only going to use amp A”

17. I am quite happy to use the B connections as they seem to be much simpler.

18. BiancoTheGiraffe

BiancoTheGiraffe Screwfix Select

I'm really confused as to what the problem is with the A terminals...