How to find a carpenter to help me hang doors

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by potterspury, Mar 10, 2023.

1. potterspury

potterspury Member

Got a job that's too much for me so need a carpenter to do it while I help. How can i find a chippy? Good money

2. Truckcab79

Truckcab79 Screwfix Select

Recommendation generally. Or take your chances on Facebook or Checkatrade etc. best of luck with the last two though.

3. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Would have to be if you intend to help him/her, generally it will hold them up.

4. Truckcab79

Christ. I missed that bit! That’s automatically double day-rate.

Ind spark likes this.
  5. Rosso

Rosso Screwfix Select

Except not anyone on checkatrade. If you have to buy jobs off a website, you aren't doing it right.

6. Rosso

Rosso Screwfix Select

Where in the country are you?

potterspury likes this.
  7. FUNDIMOLD

FUNDIMOLD Active Member

Apparently, the best way to get a builder to get a move on is to tell them the kids are on holiday next week and are looking forward to helping out!

Alan22 likes this.
  8. Truckcab79

Hence why I said take your chances. There will be decent people on there, same as Facebook. I even know a couple. No idea why they bother with it personally.

9. potterspury

potterspury Member

Bournemouth area

10. mr moose

mr moose Screwfix Select

Best to Google on google my business which comes up on Google maps, then you can find the nearest to you, also they will probably have some good stars next to their name and a website to look at. ;)

11. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

The carpenter will quote you what he wants for the job, not you tell him what you’ll pay him. The amount of help and info you’ve had off JobandKnock on DIYNOT and this very forum I’m amazed you can’t hang doors by yourself by now.

WillyEckerslike and Paulie1412 like this.
  12. potterspury

potterspury Member

I'm gonna go for it. Confidence I guess. His advice is amazing