How to fix a very ugly and uneven corner between two walls? (pics)

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by nick-33, May 3, 2019.

1. nick-33

nick-33 New Member

hello

taking old wallpaper off has left me with an awful inner-corner between two walls. i assume i am now seeing lots of various old attempts at repair. gouges, ridges, bumps. this is probably why previous occupiers opted for wallpaper.

pics here: https://imgur.com/a/2TeZn6I (for scale each pic is about 20cm high).

(it is white because i painted with ronseal damp seal before attempting to deal with the corner).

what i've tried with caulk hasn't helped and now i'm at a loose end (i was thinking to hide the ugliness with repeated layers of caulk, but i realised i would end up with a 'curve' between the two walls rather than a straight corner).

i have briefly tried to sand into the corner with a coarse sanding sponge but didn't seem to get anywhere. would a heavier-duty sander somehow focused into the corner help?

could i use some kind of tape to tape over the ugliness and somehow retain a 'corner' finish?

i don't need a totally perfect finish. i just want it to be 'good enough'.

thanks in advance

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  2. mcooper2406

mcooper2406 Active Member

If your willing to give it a go you could chip off and re plaster. Although might not improve it if it is your first time plastering. My first few corners looked very similar to the ones in those pictures haha!

nick-33 likes this.
  3. stevie22

stevie22 Screwfix Select

Try decorators caulk and a wet finger (or sponge).Just kock any lumps off firs.

4. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Easifill, a 12” taping knife and a hand sander block will sort that.

5. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Dig out. Pva to seal.. Toupret powder mixed up just the one side, and let it set (1hour) then fill the other. When dry light sanding on a square block up the corner..

6. Severntrent

Severntrent Screwfix Select

You could always try gently scraping into the corner with this but outcome will depend on how solid the corner is how and your dexterity -Harris Heavy Duty Tungsten Carbide Wood Scraper 2" (45940)

7. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Hack out the high spots, fill the low spots.