How to kill a good forum?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Captain Leaky, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Member

Thank you Mr Palavaman. But Lucy was being presumptuous about something else.

2. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

ahhaaa, I'm going to keep out of it then.  i had no idea there was sumfink going on btw you two

3. cosworth

cosworth New Member

i used to be around here a lot but havent been on here for around 2 yrs much. things have changed on this site. i did have trouble logging in and had to do a password reset.shame if you guys feel the forums are not going well as i learned a lot from the tradesmen around here. definately the most imformative for me.

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Cosworth, when the forums were being re-designed, they were down for over a fortnight. When they started up again, everyone and his dog had trouble logging in. Password reset didn't generate an email with a link to click to reset the password. Emails to SF admin didn't get a reply for a week. Users couldn't reply to any post but their own. In short, the forum was an absolute shambles. I know kids at school who are more PC savvy than the fools let loose on the implementation of the forum. I still can't log on to my original SF account, despite requesting a password reset (months after the new look site).
    SF didn't help matters in any of the problems users were having, by not responding to countless emails from users. We were left totally in the dark about problems.:'(

5. TW@T

TW@T New Member

If Lucy * the forum would be bliss

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator

6. TW@T

TW@T New Member

nice try frock lover 

7. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Member

Mr ****, I'm guessing by your bitter and cynical attitude that 'frock lover' is meant as some kind of insult? I fail to see how this can work, as I get the strong impression that Lucy is one of the few ladies on this forum.

Have you been hurt by some woman in the past? Do you still continue to be so to this day? Is this forum your only escape? If so, please open up to us - we will try and help.

(PS, 'frock lover' won't work on me either, especially in this fine weather.)

8. HOTDOG ø

HOTDOG ø Active Member

Screwfix have slowly strangled this forum to death. V sad :(