How to reset the TPMS sensor

Discussion in 'Car and Van Talk' started by Paul Blackburn, Sep 2, 2019.

1. I have just had a puncture in one of the tyres of my car which meant the TPMS sensor light came on.I have had the puncture repaired but the warning light is still on.I believe there must be something in the menu system to reset it but not sure can anyone help.The car is a 2017 Hyundai i10 Premium

2. sparky steve

sparky steve Member

Drive the car for a few minutes to give the sensors a chance to reset and measure the new pressure reading. The light goes off after the system resets.

3. My wife has just returned from her swimming session and it is about a 20 min trip there and the same coming back but the light is still on.I read on Google that I should turn the engine on and then press and hold the reset button down untill the lights flicker three times.Did that but no flicker.

4. Kas228

Kas228 Member

Do you have a manual. You normally have to reset it after the tyre has been repaired or replaced once it is at the correct pressure again, it then stores that as the default value and therefore can know if it drops by about over 3 psi.

5. I have just popped into my local garage who I use regular and they sorted it out straight away.The light was still on when I left their car park but then went out.