howdens kitchens end panels

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by darwinsfoot, Nov 6, 2006.

1. darwinsfoot

darwinsfoot New Member

i am fitting a howdens kitchen and was wondering about decorative end panels. basically, how do you fit them? as the units come already assembled i assume you just screw them on to the end of a unit rather than taking the end off of one of the assembled units and putting the end panel on instead? any help would be much appreciated...

2. merlin33

merlin33 New Member

Hi mate, youve just about got it spot on. drill holes through carcass side, clamp decor panel upto carcass and screw from inside.

3. STGO

STGO New Member

unless you really want to replace it?

4. MeggerMouse

MeggerMouse New Member

I'm no kitchen fitter, but have fitted a howdens kitchen in a flat of mine.

I just pink gripped the end panels on. Trust me, they aren't going anywhere!

5. newey

newey New Member

As you say, you fix them to the side of the unit, against the original side. Dont bother trying to take the original off, you'll just damage the unit. I always try to conceal the screws behind the hinges and shelves.

6. Boff

Boff New Member

Screw them, don't Pink Grip 'em - sometimes you need to get them off again :)

7. darwinsfoot

darwinsfoot New Member

cheers for the replies. i thought that sounded the most sensible option...guess i better get on with it now...