Howdens pan drawer and worktop

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Lori23, Jan 25, 2018.

1. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

Agree completely. Irrespective of price, if you pay for a professional service you should get it. Consumer law is stacked in your favour. Be persistent and you will get this fixed

2. Lori23

Lori23 Member

Thank you
    I'm hope it doesn't come to that..

3. Lori23

Lori23 Member

Thank you I'm hoping the builder will rectify it without any problems.

4. jonathanc

jonathanc Guest

Agreed but don’t be afraid of the legal process. It is easy. I have personally taken on large insurers and won

5. Lori23

Lori23 Member

The worktop came already edge in Howdens workshopthe fitter removed it to cut the curved end of the worktop and then stuck the edging on again.

6. Jimmycloutnail

Jimmycloutnail Screwfix Select

Of course the worktop came with the front edging attached they all do but they supply edging with the worktop to apply when you cut the worktop to length never should you have to re edge the face tho the radius should have a bit of edging spliced in and that still looks carp should steer clear of radius on laminate

7. Lori23

Lori23 Member

8. Lori23

Lori23 Member

The fitter removed all the edge along the 3metre length of worktop and stuck it on again.

9. Jimmycloutnail

Jimmycloutnail Screwfix Select

That is apparent, but there is no reason to ever this

Lori23 likes this.
  10. Lori23

Lori23 Member

Hi
    The fitter said he did to to cut the curve steep the end. How should he have done it?

11. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

The fitter is just plain wrong. The proper way of doing it is to use the correct jig for the radius. Using the correct jig, which has a small "run in" area at the start of the cut, means that when you glue the PVC edging around the curve the only thing you should see is a vertical line on the front edge of the worktop.
    As far as i remember, Howdens can supply the jig as well.

CGN likes this.
  12. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Here's one I did earlier. Unfortunately no close up!

Attached Files:

13. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Isn't that a high gloss polyester top though CGN ?

14. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Just square edge Howdens laminate.

Presume it is the same as supplied in Ops case, but viewing everything on phone so could be wrong :)