huge wall of concrete without reinforcing bar

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by Lezz Jui, May 23, 2021.

1. Lezz Jui

Lezz Jui New Member

hi ,can someone give advice and confirm? the builder built a wall about 7 meters high and 5 meters long, 40 cm thick, and there are no reinforced wires in it, it is a wall of concrete and gravel stones only, flooded in wooden formwork, I have been working in construction for a long time and I have never seen such a large construction without Reinforcing Bars
    , I asked him and he told me that he used instead of reinforcing bars -gravel stones , can it be like that ? Is it safe ?

2. stevie22

stevie22 Screwfix Select

Ask the designer. Nothing wrong with mass concrete in the right place though. What is your wall doing?

3. Lezz Jui

Lezz Jui New Member

it just stands, fills the space between two other walls, on ground and first floor , heavy metal /marble stairs are partially suspended on this wall, There is no good manager on this site and everyone comes and does as they want, that's why I sometimes wonder

4. Severntrent

Severntrent Screwfix Select

If it was brickwork building regs would be ok with a wall 12m high 12m wide being 290mmm thick so if its just a wall with no induced moments to take then can't see it being an issue

5. Lezz Jui

Lezz Jui New Member

ok .so no worries any more , its for the customer not for me , thank you so much

6. Lezz Jui

Lezz Jui New Member

live in peace