I.D of lamp holder

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Rowdey, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Rowdey

Rowdey Member

[​IMG]

Am on lease from plumbers section, but am Part P if that let's me in the door..! ;)

So, we've had to remove some fancy globe lights to be able to plaster a kitchen ceiling - Upon re-fitting one wouldn't work, and looking at the cable from ceiling rose to lamp, it has split both cores. Normally easy enough to split lamp holder, trimand re-fit, but not these..

I can't get the buggers apart - the twosections are threaded, but won't turn, probably due to the pressed indent's. Can't obvioulsy get the threaded stud tomove either.. :(

Anybody recognise them, or indeed know the knack of splitting them ???

Cheers

R

2. Lokkars Daisy

Lokkars Daisy New Member

*  theyn are standard ES edison screw ,,, * downlighters, dump them , bung up a 6ft  florry

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator

Message was edited by: Screwfix Moderator

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Find a square section of wood and fit it in (it doesn't need to be too tight). On one of the flat sides of the wood, shove a screwdriver in the arc gap(it should be tight), hold the wood and screwdriver, then turn. That will give a lot of force to help turn the inner core. It should pass the indents.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

4. Rowdey

Rowdey Member

Thanks for replying - Adjusting your advice, I got brave with an AJ on the nut and pair of pump pliers on the outer thread, and 'give it some' as they say..

And sure enough, it unscrewed past the indents. Yay..!

;)