I have 2 live wires in between a switch.

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by Borhan, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Borhan

Borhan New Member

The reason why am installing the wireless switch is that I can remotely switch the light on from my phone. the PIR sensor is there for when someone goes past the light comes on.

My question

in this case scenario, the wifi switch is on the off position. when the motion sensor is triggered (someone goes past) current flows to the second junction box the light comes on . my concern is that the wire form the second junction box to the wifi switch is now live, the wifi switch is on the off position, the wire from the supply to the wifi switch is also live is this a dangerous wiring. I have 2 live wires in between a switch. what would happen if both the PIR and the Wifi switch to be on at the same time? is this wiring safe?

Kind regards

Attached Files:

2. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Screwfix Select

No problem.

3. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

If the output is from a relay that may work, but with the wifi switches I use that would not work, the switch gets power to work by sending some current through the bulb even when off, so if two switches are put in parallel one switch with switch the other off, so you have to use IFTTT to connect the wifi switch to the PIR sensor.

So it all depends on exactly which switch you use.