i keep getting a belt

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by dj., Sep 13, 2004.

1. dj.

dj. New Member

as a temporary set up i have a beer cooler sat on top of a tumble dryer, these are only here whilst i do the kitchen, shortage of space and all that.
    any way the two items are both working fine, but when i come to move them i get that tingle in my hand. it only happens when i mistakenly touch both appliances. is there a way that i can find out wich one is at fault, remember i'm no sparkie. i can only presume this doesnt happen all the time because the cooler is on rubber feet?

any help appreciated.

dj.

2. cpc

cpc Member

Get a spark in .
    cpc

3. dj.

dj. New Member

cpc, or should i say cpw? irritating all the same.
    usless t**s piece springs to mind, chocolate fireguard.
    anyway i went to novo and got some decent replies.
    but i thank you for your input and because of your reply you have now passed your entrance exam to the "**** dribbling t**s piece club", you go straight in as a senior member, click here.... http://www.sh*tdribblingt***r.com
    if you happen to see any of my posts again, do us all a favour, don't bother yourself with such a 'dribbly reply' a**e wipe.

dj.

[Edited by: Forum Moderator]

4. sparks

sparks New Member

Hi DJ, i presume that you have solved your problem by now but if it helps beer coolers often have a high earth leakage current and it sounds as though your unit may not be earthed whereas your tumble is, and if you touch both together you will get a belt, hard to advise without hands on but get it sorted

5. ChubbyPhaseWire

ChubbyPhaseWire New Member

cpc, or should i say cpw? irritating all the same.
    usless t**s piece springs to mind, chocolate
    fireguard.
    anyway i went to novo and got some decent replies.
    but i thank you for your input and because of your
    reply you have now passed your entrance exam to the
    "**** dribbling t**s piece club", you go straight in
    as a senior member, click here....
    http://www.sh*tdribblingt***r.com
    if you happen to see any of my posts again, do us all
    a favour, don't bother yourself with such a 'dribbly
    reply' a**e wipe.

dj.

[Edited by: Forum Moderator]

I SEE YOU ARE CALLING IN A SPARK NEXT WEEK?

I HOPE YOU LIKE HUMBLE PIE

LOL LOL LOL

6. dj.

dj. New Member

sparks thanks for reply.
    the rash.... i think you will find that a sparkie will be here to do some work and while he is here i will ask him to run some tests. reason he will be asked is because i went through a few pointers first provided by novo, something you and your alias couldn't possibly do because your head is stuck so far up your @rse quoting the regs to people and using your copy/paste buttons.
    koff.

dj.