[i][S][/i]witch Type should I get????

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by eyetry, Jan 5, 2004.

  1. eyetry

    eyetry New Member

    Happy New Year All.

    I would like to replace my dated brass switches with chrome ones but get confused with gangs and ways.

    Can anybody tell me the name for these types please...

    1. Three switches on one plate - operates outside light, upstairs and downstairs.
    2. Two Switches on one plate upstairs - operates upstairs and downstairs lights.
    3. Seperate single switch to turn off upstairs lights further along hallway [another one of these downstairs too]

    Thanks in anticipation.
  2. sawless

    sawless New Member

    1. should be a 3 gang 2 way switch of which only the upstairs and downstairs switches will use the 2 way facility the outside light only using one way.
    2. should be a 2 gang 2 way.
    3. the single switches should be intermediates.
    this will depend on how its wired you will need to remove the face plates to see how many terminals of each switch are being used.
  3. eyetry

    eyetry New Member

    Thanks for that sawless, Nice one.
  4. Milton Bradley

    Milton Bradley New Member

    You could try the MK or Crabtree Grid Type Switches, where you can mix and match switch units, to custom build a switch combination, with many different face plate styles and finishes.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice