I supposed this is aimed at the gas safe plumbers.

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Captain Chaos, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos Member

Flueless gas fires. From what I have read they are on the margins of saftey. Personally i don't like the idea so why haven't they made a fan assisted gas fire that would give a modern contemporary looking fire that could actually produce heat and be safe without a chimney.

2. Guest

3. wetnec

wetnec New Member

click [/url]

Nice One ;)

4. Bert Large

Bert Large New Member

Fan flued fires are good idea if you haven't got a chimney, want a modern living flame fire & don't mind the sound of Concorde in your lounge ;)

5. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

6. imran_

imran_ New Member

Advice from someone qualified in neither discipline. Walter: you are a bumbling idiot for whom, if care in the community and the internet didn't exist, you'd still be licking shop windows for therapy.

Get a life and go and bother a forum where you know something about....... Oh, I see your problem ;)

7. superfurryanimal

superfurryanimal New Member

fk all wrong with flueless gas fires... long as they are installed proper.

vent & room sizes etc etc

i got 1 in my gaff... only have to have it on for 10 mins and its boiling...

8. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

9. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

i got 1 in my gaff... only have to have it on for 10 0 mins and its boiling...

They should be banned.

10. superfurryanimal

superfurryanimal New Member

no work on again walter ? tut tut .. thats twice ive caught u online in the day time now :)

11. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

no work on again walter ? tut tut .. thats twice ive caught u online in the day time now :)

Please tuen one on 24/7 and close the windows staying inside.

- Walter

12. imran_

imran_ New Member

Walter - check the title of this thread.....

Are you Gas Safe registered????? NO.

See. Simple. You are NOT QUALIFIED. I would not even let you change my bathroom, let alone walk my child across the road.

Please post your address so I can send you a free toner cartridge ;)

13. EXPERTGASMAN

EXPERTGASMAN New Member

Flueless gas fires. From what I have read they are on
    the margins of saftey

They're not. Look at 'stats

idea so why haven't they made a fan assisted gas fire
    that would give a modern contemporary looking fire
    that could actually produce heat and be safe without
    a chimney.

They DO.

Lets ban gas cookers. They blow up several houses at a time

14. graceland

graceland Active Member

i got 1 in my gaff... only have to have it on for 10 mins and its boiling...

yes a lot of the old two bob council houses have them

15. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

Walter - check the title of this thread.....

Are you Gas Safe registered????? NO.

See. Simple. You are NOT QUALIFIED.

The first thing the law says is that you must be <u>competent</u>. Not Qualified.

I would not go into your house. I do not like avocado bathrooms.

16. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

Lets ban gas cookers. They blow up several houses at
    a time

Unvented cylinder should be banned.

17. imran_

imran_ New Member

Walter - this is a plumbers' forum. If you were a plumber, heating engineer or gas fitter (however you like to call) then you need to be Gas Safe registered.

If however you just copy and paste from brochures and do not work in the industry - i.e. a dafty DIYer - then you only need to be competent. However I would strongly argue that most dafty DIYers are not competent in gas work.

[Edited by: admin]

18. Water Systems

Water Systems New Member

Walter - this is a plumbers' forum. If you were a
    plumber, heating engineer or gas fitter (however you
    like to call) then you need to be Gas Safe
    registered.

Im-walked, only if you do it for gain. Now you know.

I would strongly argue that many dafty GasSafers, are not competent in gas work or heating. How many them walk into a house and say rip-out a perfectly functioning warm-air system? Most do. Many cowboys operate in the business.

In-walked, you are confused. Now you know.

19. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

Walter.

What are you competent in?

Drivel? :)

20. imran_

imran_ New Member

Again.....
    Walter - this is a plumbers' forum. If you were a plumber, heating engineer or gas fitter (however you like to call) then you need to be Gas Safe registered.

Even if you do not charge, or do not normally do gas work, if your business area carries out such work in general then you are deemed to be doing it as part of your business. You cannot declare yourself "non-professional" for the weekend to do work for mates.

This is defined very clearly in the Gas Regs, which a DIYer would need to comply with to demonstrate competence. Since you don't know this you have demonstrated yourself to be incompetent. Again.

You are clearly an idiot. What is not so clear is why you continue to demonstrate this here. Is there not a support group you can join in the "Cuckoos' nest"?