Ideal V40 Combi Boiler computer not recognising that pressure is fine

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by BenBoilerHelp, Dec 30, 2021.

1. BenBoilerHelp

BenBoilerHelp New Member

Hi There,

Upon arriving home today and noticing that the pressure was low, and receiving the low pressure fault (which we've had before) I increased the pressure to 1.5bar via the filling loop method I've always done.

Currently on the pressure dial the system is at 1.5bar. However, on the 'state of inputs' readout on the computer screen, it says Water Pressure : 0.0Bar

Further context:
    -12 hrs ago while we were away there was a 'low voltage' error fault on our boiler according to the fault history, which happened 3 times, followed by a series of 'low pressure' faults.
    - We also added a digital timer to it a few weeks back.

Any help would be very much appreciated trying to work this one out.

Thanks!

2. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

Possibly a faulty pressure sensor or circuitry. Is your area prone to power interruptions?

Does it display the correct pressure if you remove the digital timer?

You also need to find out why your pressure drops periodically. Are there signs of water discharge from the copper pipe outside adjacent to the boiler?

BenBoilerHelp likes this.
  3. BenBoilerHelp

BenBoilerHelp New Member

Thanks for response. I will try removing the digi timer tomorrow in daylight.

can i replace a pressure sensor myself? (Seems like this is the issue based on similar issues online).

techie likes this.