Ideas needed for a floating house design

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by My Home Farm, Nov 8, 2019.

1. My Home Farm

My Home Farm Member

I want to build a floating duck house for our mallard family that reside on our pond. I’m struggling to find any decent designs.

Also what is the most environmentally friendly and eco means of making them float.

Thanks in advance.

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

3. My Home Farm

My Home Farm Member

I found the same design and am leaning towards it... should be straightforward to build too. Just need to work out the buoyancy when it built.

4. TerryS

TerryS New Member

vThe Rt. Honourable Oliver Letwin was a former Conservative Party minister. He had a Duck House which he claimed on his expenses. It was rather nice and was certainly floating on the proceeds of the expenses scandal. I like Oliver despite the dishonesty and the way we've been screwed by the Tories. It might be worth writing to him and asking for the design.It would be good for your mallards to be housed in the replica of a famous or infamous duck house.

5. TerryS

TerryS New Member

The Rt. Honourable Oliver Letwin was a former Conservative Party minister. He had a Duck House which he claimed on his expenses. It was rather nice and was certainly floating on the proceeds of the exspenses scandal. I like Oliver despite the dishonesty and the way we've been screwed by the Tories. It might be worth writing to him and asking for the design.It would be good for your mallards to be housed in the replica of a famous or infamous duck house.

6. TerryS

TerryS New Member

The Rt. Honourable Oliver Letwin was a former Conservative Party minister. He had a Duck House which he claimed on his expenses. It was rather nice and was certainly floating on the proceeds of the expenses scandal. I like Oliver despite the dishonesty and us all having been screwed by the Tories. It might be worth writing to him and asking for the design.It would be good for your mallards to be housed in the replica of a famous or infamous duck house.