Ideas / suggestions too remove built in cupboards

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by JamesH1, Nov 22, 2020.

1. JamesH1

JamesH1 New Member

Hello,

Just a want some input on wether i should remove these cupboards and make a big one of update them as they are.

First picture is how they're laid out at the moment, they're roughly 1000mm x 600mm each separated by a wall in between. The idea was to brick up doors in bedroom 2 and knock out the centre and back so bedroom 1 will get a big double 2100mm x 600mm wardrobe as in picture 2. So can make it in too a his and hers style. I know this means bedroom 2 will in theory loose space but i thought iy would also give you free movement of any furniture in there.

My misses wants to keep them as is but she's not the one with clothes all over the place and got full cupboard haha. I don't believe either wall is supporting plus id be bricking it up at back shouldn't throw to much off. Any thoughts advice on this will be appreciated.

Screenshot 2020-11-22 at 21.56.11.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-22 at 21.54.40.png

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

You need to determine if it is actually supporting anything up in the roofspace by getting up in the loft and having a look, the location of the wall in roughly the centre of the house means that it's possible it could be in some shape or form, though I'd bet it's the long through wall that is providing support, depending on a number of factors.