IKEA sink waste piping

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Jay459, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Jay459

Jay459 Member

Anyone fitted one of these ikea sinks before. My plumber isn't happy with the drain plugs and waste pipe kit. He says it's not right and he cannot get appropriate kit from suppliers.

Can anyone suggest decent kit of these sinks?

Attached Files:

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

That's not the one with the Square waste pipe is it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If so had to chuck it all and buy standard British fittings.

Bozzo101 and KIAB like this.
  3. tom.plum

tom.plum Screwfix Select

I've fitted them before, they're a big clumsy ,wobbly,uncontrollable contraption, but they do work, I just say sorry about the awfull unsightly mess but that's how it comes, If you want me to go out and buy somthing neater it will cost X amount of pounds,

4. Jay459

Jay459 Member

It's a big grey flexible pipe. The plumber says we need longer centre pins for middle of drainer plugs.

I know nothing about plumbing but surely this isn't the only domsjo sink fitted so it must be possible.

Have searched online but can't see anything definite on the kit that's needed for the job.

5. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

hi. i have fitted them. they are different to the usual uk fittings but seal up ok. the dual sink i fitted was a bit of a ball as the waste trap is like a spider and you have to get all the washers and stuff in place and then get it all nipped up square

6. "The plumber says we need longer centre pins for middle of drainer plugs" Oh diddums! You mean he doesn't carry them as a matter of course? The reason you employ "professionals" and pay accordingly is for them to get over problems like this. That's why I carry a load of "get out of jail" funny fittings. As said above the end result may not be pretty but it can be made to work (er, by someone who knows what he's doing)