illegal or what?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by graham3232, May 13, 2008.

1. graham3232

graham3232 New Member

Just been to look at a flat conversion job on a site. There is one three phase supply to the building which is to supply three flats. The contractor NICEIC approved has installed three 16mm tails from the DNO cutout to three 60A switch fuses nearby, then tails to three single phase meters in different flats about 10 meters distance away, then to the CU in the respecive flat. The meters are just those reconditioned ones you can buy from wholesalers for sub metering.

Now this is not my job and i have no part in it (i'm there to inspect plumbing and drainage) but this seems although very proper in terms of regs, surely illegal in terms of supply, as there will be no record of these installs and eventually someone will call the supplier to enquire why they have never had an electric bill and then the DNO will visit and there will be hell on.

The job is not fully completed yet so no certs and no money paid. All very professional quality work. Just wondering what to say or do?

2. young_spark

young_spark New Member

Now this is not my job and i have no part in it (i'm
    there to inspect plumbing and drainage)

Best leave it that way, why worry over someone elses work?

3. dobo99

dobo99 New Member

Surely there will be a DNO meter (polyphase?) metering a separate landlords supply DB

;)

4. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

The contractor NICEIC approved has installed three 16mm tails from the DNO cutout

A) What makes you think that it's a DNO Cutout/supply?

B) What sort of cable is feeding this 'DNO Cutout'?

Could be a private Submain from a DP Cupboard elsewhere on site! ;)

Pictures please?