In-wall 5v charger?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by RoyWalker, Jun 28, 2021.

1. RoyWalker

RoyWalker New Member

Hi all,

I'm having some work done at my house and I'm thinking about wall mounting a tablet near our front door to display home information and control lights etc.

I've been thinking about how best to power it, and ideally I think a 5v usb charger of some description which is recessed into the wall would be the neatest option - as I could then mount the tablet over the front of it to hide it - but would be able to access it if needed.

I'd prefer not to have cables / plugs on show - but I'm not sure if such an item exists... has anyone seen a solution that would meet any required regs, that would result in the 5v usb connector not protruding past the 'face' of the wall?

Thanks!

2. RolandK

RolandK Screwfix Select

There are such things like the grid module
    From MK Logic Plus USB Socket. Check that one out or similar ones out there. Not sure if they are continuously rated though to stay charging all the time?

3. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

Here’s the MK one and the one that I would install CLICK

LAP do a similar one. It may be cheaper for a reason though… CLICK

you’ll need a suitable euro module plate too.

4. RoyWalker

RoyWalker New Member

Thanks both, I'll take a look into those.

Good point made about the constant charge.. hadn't thought about that!

5. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

If you don’t want cables look at some wireless charging options mounted on the wall. A magnetic case will remove fixings/brackets too

6. The Happy Builder

The Happy Builder Screwfix Select

Is there a tablet with a USB on the back of it rather than the bottom?

7. Comlec

Comlec Screwfix Select

Might be of interest wall mount

Attached Files: