Indian Sandstone Patio Fall

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by Rb987, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Interesting. I laid mine on a 5-1 mortar mix as this was deemed permeable, and the brush in resin grout I used also stated it must be on this mix and not a stronger mix so that the water can drain out of the grout!

2. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

I'm going to get corrected on this I expect Leon but I believe that that requirement is so that the water can escape from the grout at installation otherwise the grout won't set/cure properly.

3. ah so just the first time… I had heard if it’s soggy for too long it can’t react to fully cure so you could be right

4. AnotherTopJob

AnotherTopJob Screwfix Select

As said, rather than worrying too much about the textbook perfect fall, how does it perform in the real world?
    If it looks good and there are no puddles after heavy rain then it sounds fine.

5. The Happy Builder

The Happy Builder Screwfix Select

1 in 60 is the fall required for a smooth bore storm water drain such as 100mm clay pipe work, it seems excessive for a patio.

Even with a fall of 1:60 water isn’t going to completely from an uneven surface such as this, you are going to have to accept some water will lie on it.