induction hobs

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by anth455, Jan 22, 2021.

1. anth455

anth455 New Member

Hi

A few questions about induction hobs and ovens.

Can diversity be applied to induction hobs? The books make no mention of the type of appliance just domestic.
    Looking at the specs for a induction hob and oven the total current would be 20 + 32 = 52A but diversity would make this 22.6A and the books also say a single 6mm 32A circuit can have a hob and oven with a single isolator switch.
    Lots of people on forums are saying this can't be done but no reasons are explained.
    I see this as no different to a free standing oven of the same rating connected to a standard oven circuit.

Some lines from the manual of one of the hobs:

Cooking zones are grouped according to the location and number of the phases in the hob. See the illustration.
    Each phase has a maximum electricity loading of 3700 W.
    The function divides the power between cooking zones connected to the same phase.
    The function activates when the total electricity loading of the cooking zones connected to a single phase exceeds 3700 W.
    The function decreases the power to the other cooking zones connected to the same phase

This hob is 7350W and 32A according to the specs. But it appears that if it is connected to a single phase supply that would be in a normal home it is limited to 3700W or around half of the 32A quoted in the spec.
    Is anyone familiar with this sort of hob? Maybe if you only have one phase it uses that for the total 32A but it does not state that.

2. terrymac

terrymac Screwfix Select

Hob and oven can be connected to one suitable circuit. Diversity can be applied ,no different to a free standing cooker ,with 4 electric element hob.

3. Banallsheds

Banallsheds Well-Known Member

They don't know what they are talking about.

4. Bazza

Bazza Screwfix Select

I’m biting my lip.