Installing A Loft Light?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Carp Addict, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Tootyfruity

Tootyfruity New Member

well spotted Tooty. My daughter was married yesterday
    and I am still tipsy from all the booze!

Excellent news.

I bet you were so proud :)

2. *welsh.wizard*

*welsh.wizard* New Member

Didn't see the "Live" bit at the bottom. :O

Chances are, OP hasn't got a tester - Thank God.

Yes, Op - if you aren't confident, Best to get a spark in.

3. Lectrician

Lectrician Screwfix Select

Us sparkies always a couple flouries up in a loft. Ones that have been removed from elsewhere.

In the last couple years, it has become more of an issue to ensure catering kitchens, deli's, bakeries etc either use safe break tubes, sleeved normal tubes, or use the vapour proof polycarbonate fittings.

I recently went to a small warehouse which stores ambient produce, and after an audit it was noted that their lights did not comply. It was an audit from a company who this wholesaler where after a contract for sales from, and so their requests had to be met....and they wanted polycarbonate fittings. They had recently just had lighting trunking and standard flouries fitted.

I took around 25 6ft twin fittings from them, including the white reflector 'add ons'. Some went on ebay, but most have gone in customers lofts......Less the reflectors.

4. Rabbit Rabbit

Rabbit Rabbit New Member

Thank you Tootsy, I was indeed although it does a lump to ya throat when you walk her up the aisle. It was really a fantastic 'do'. One more daughter to go.

5. MR DIAZ

MR DIAZ Active Member

Alright Rabbit

6. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Nah Sine. Emergency lights are expensive compared to
    good old florries.

Nah, didn't mean a full Florry with EM back up I meant a cheapo £10 EM light such as This along with yer standard 5ft twin Flo. ;)

Happy New Year Sine :)

Likewise Ray!

7. Rabbit Rabbit

Rabbit Rabbit New Member

Nah, Nah Sine ya miss my point. I mean should you be IN the loft and a lamp goes, not that the supply fails. I mean should a lamp pop how does an emeregency light with batter backup detect that the other klamp has popped and therefore 'know' it is time to light up. Those things only come on when the main supply fails. If you see what I mean.

Are you popping down to the smoke to have a shower at Trafalgar Square on NYE? Have a good time whatever you are doing.

Thanks Mr. Diaz and they have gone somewhere even hotter than Spain is right now ;)

8. sinewave

sinewave Screwfix Select

Ah!

With yer now!