Installing B&Q bath

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Danny32, Sep 15, 2021.

1. pppmacca43

pppmacca43 Super Member

It’s there in black and white. You posted at 3:55pm, I edited at 3:51pm. You then said I had bad manners:rolleyes:. I think u should apologise.

2. pppmacca43

pppmacca43 Super Member

Ok then :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. Danny32

Danny32 Member

Hi
    Just looking at the JG push fit flexi hoses, they're sold in twinpacks.
    I need a 15mm x 3/4" and a 22mm x 3/4", either 300mm or 500mm length.

Just wondering if the single push fits at Toolstation are JG as they don't state this.
    Prefer to buy single as I don't want extras.
    Any help appreciated.

4. pppmacca43

pppmacca43 Super Member

The push fit part of the flexi is John guest(who make speedfit) according to the photos. When u zoom in u can see the logo on toolstations pictures. Not sure if John guest make the whole hose tho, I would have thought it would have been branded as such if they did.

Attached Files:

Danny32 likes this.
  5. Danny32

Danny32 Member

Thanks. Can’t see the point in two of the same.
    One of each size for hot and cold would be more useful.

pppmacca43 likes this.
  6. Tip.
    when you have marked wobbly bath panel for trimming. Cut it with a small angle grinder, with diamond tipped blade, on top of an old scrap piece of timber, and wear goggles and mask. If you try to saw it, with hacksaw, handsaw, or even jigsaw, it will either split, or you will have jagged edges everywhere.

Danny32 likes this.
  7. woodbutcherbower

woodbutcherbower Well-Known Member

*Cracks open a can, puts feet up, opens a pack of cheese Doritos, and waits for the next round of jp vs.pppm43.....*

FWIW - you're both right. But not as right as I would have been if I'd have got involved :) Peace out brothers. This is the internet. It isn't real and it doesn't mean s***.

pppmacca43 likes this.
  8. woodbutcherbower

woodbutcherbower Well-Known Member

You obviously don't have a Japanese Dozuki pull-cut handsaw or a German Mafell P1CC jigsaw.

9. pppmacca43

pppmacca43 Super Member

:D

10. Danny32

Danny32 Member

Take it this will be ok?
    I bought this for sealing worktop edges around the kitchen. Just wondering if it will do for holding bath in.
    I’ve put a long batten in for the back and one at the tap end (this one just sits a couple of mm too low).
    Also under the feet so sits quite solid.

Find it quite tricky to get all wall battens precisely at the right height. I hold them up in position and drill through,
    marking the wall.
    Then drill the wall hole.
    Two battens are done anyway but the third one I might ‘No Nails’ in place after bath’s in. It’ll be at the right height then.

Attached Files:

pppmacca43 likes this.
  11. Not on hand, unfortunately.

12. dcox

dcox Screwfix Select

That silicone will be fine.

pppmacca43 and Danny32 like this.
  13. Danny32

Danny32 Member

Bought the items for plumbing bath in.
    Quality valves, thanks.
    Went for 300mm push fits but overlooked the orientation of the taps.
    I was lining them up as per which way round the pipes are but taps need to be the other way round (hot on L).
    300mm ok for hot but might need to bend a piece of 15mm pipe for the stub or swap the JG hose for 500mm.
    SF said it would be ok if bag isn’t opened.
    No questions as such but any ideas appreciated.

Attached Files:

14. Danny32

Danny32 Member

It’s ok. I’ll swap the 15mm for 500mm length.

pppmacca43 likes this.