Instastik Question!

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by thestraycat, Sep 15, 2020.

1. thestraycat

thestraycat Member

Hi guys,

Just looking for peoples experiences and opinions.. I'm just about to stick my skirts on with instastik and doubt that i'll use the whole can to do it.

If you've only used say half a can and wont be using it for a few days do people remove the instastik cartridge after using it and then clean the gun straight away?

or do you just leave the can on the gun without cleaning anything? (the can says to leave it attached to the gun however wouldnt the foam just cure inside the gun?

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Leave the can on, do not remove it and do not clean anything, it will last until the next time you need to use it, provided it's not a year or so.

3. thestraycat

thestraycat Member

4. 2dowhat

2dowhat Member

Without a doubt it will cure in the nozzle. Remove and flush with cleaner.

5. thestraycat

thestraycat Member

@2dowhat - Just to confirm are you talking about the plastic tip or the metal barrel of the gun?

6. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

It depends how long you leave between uses but I've had a can of foam on mine for over three months before, and it was absolutely fine when I came to use it.

7. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

This. ^^

You'll still need to strip & clean the gun occasionally. From my experience 3 months is about tops to leave the can on the gun. Definitely don't clean down if it's only going to be a week or three.

8. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Just clean through with foam cleaner on ever can change especially the screw coupler bit. Don't have to do that but it is pays to, but you can leave can on for months as said above. Any trouble clean through and fresh can