Insulation inside toilet cistern

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Wayners, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Thought I'd share.

Just applied foam inside my cistern to stop Condensation forming on outside during the winter. It's supposed to work so we will see.
    Not much fun to do with knife and shaving form and sandpaper. Toilet wanted new insides so was on the to do list.Done now. If it all floats up in the next few days I'll go mad. Ha

IMG_20211020_170205.jpg

2. I-Man

I-Man Screwfix Select

Forget that... just plumb in hot water to the cistern instead! :)

Wayners likes this.
  3. Madeofale

Madeofale Active Member

if its a combi by the time the hot waters come through the cistern will have already filled i bet :p

4. woodbutcherbower

woodbutcherbower Screwfix Select

You know what Wayners - I've often thought about doing that to eliminate the same problem. But I've always thought 'Naaaah that's a stupid idea'. Please let us know if it works !!!!!

5. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Other way is to stick yoga matt inside. Stick with polymer mastic I guess. Tidy

You can also stick polystyrene in but cutting that put me off. I went with foam though but second would be yoga matt

woodbutcherbower likes this.
  6. woodbutcherbower

woodbutcherbower Screwfix Select

Great tip. Straight down to Decathlon tomorrow I think. Cheers.

7. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Ha. We get dripping all over tiled floor. Gets very wet in winter and dose my nut so fingers crossed it works. Can't see why not.

Having now done it next one I'll try joga matt and CT1 or OB1 mastic I think. Can't say I enjoyed the foam application and sanding.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  8. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

I have the same problem lol.

9. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

John Thomas or condensation o_O

Ha

10. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Ha ha, both :D

Wayners likes this.