integrated appliances.

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by fishbreath, Sep 22, 2004.

1. fishbreath

fishbreath New Member

I've just noticed on the fitting instructions of the bosch integrated washing machine the following. 'Do not fit under cutout in the worktop'. I assume this is obviously to do with vibration of the machine. Is this instruction a definate no-no as our plan was to have the sink drainer sited over the alloted space for the w/m? It wil mean a major re-jig if that is the case. Also we were planning on having the necessary worktop join above the cupboard to the right of the w/m (roughly 300mm onto the adjacent cupboard) would this be unadvisable? That is'nt too much of a problem it could go the other end.

Cheers for any help;

2. jasonb

jasonb New Member

Probably because there wont be any carcase to support the weakened worktop, also brackets that hold the sink down may get in the way.

Jason

3. Tangoman

Tangoman Well-Known Member

Fitted my sink drainer over the dishwasher with no problems other than the fitting of the metal strip to protect the underside of the worktop was a bit of a pain!
    Can't see much of a problem with a WM along these lines unless like jason said it is required to be raised so high that the sink brackets get in the way.
    Would suggest you read the installation instructions for the WM to look for clues. If no joy there, then contact Bosch and check with them.

Tango

4. Mickthefish

Mickthefish New Member

As a kitchen fitter it is a daily occurrence to fit integrated washing machines under the drainer,all I do is set the machine lower so it does not touch the underside of the worktop and use an undrilled appliance door and cut the hinge holes myself otherwise the washer would have to be raised so it is touching the underside of the worktop,as for the mason mitre it will be fine where you say it is going