Integrated fridge

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by tore81, Sep 29, 2021.

1. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Hi all, probably remember a recent post about fixing the sliders on to the fridge doors.

I have managed to fix them on, all good., but I’ve now noticed the fridge freezer isn’t sitting plumb. Making it sit

Shouldn’t it just all be at one height? Is there something i am missing as carcass is level and plumb but fridge freezer isn’t and no adjustable feet on fridge.

any replies would be appreciated.

thanks

2. woodbutcherbower

woodbutcherbower Screwfix Select

After three decades in the game, I've never seen an integrated F/F which doesn't have adjustable feet. Have another look. If you can't see them, take a look at the installation manual.

nigel willson likes this.
  3. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

4. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Feel just look like metal brackets

5. woodbutcherbower

The metal brackets should have little circular plastic feet on the bottom, with threaded steel rods going vertically up inside the bracket ...

tore81 likes this.
  6. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Attached Files:

7. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

No feet on there

8. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

that’s what I thought very strange just looks like the pic.

thankyou for reply

9. woodbutcherbower

Never seen anything like that. Does the whole bracket spin around? What brand of integrated F/F is it? Take a pic of the whole F/F from the front with both cabinet doors open so I can see how out of plumb it is.

Also - check the squareness of the cabinet. If it's out of square (one set of feet marginally higher than the other) that will cause your problem.

10. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

I know very strange to have feet like that.
    It’s a Zanussi f/f

have them on the front and just black normal feet at the back which don’t level.

11. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Squareness is ok, checked this as doors weren’t closing. Carcass is level but it’s the fridge that’s not. If had feet to adjust that would sort it.

I’ll take a pic Moro thanks

12. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

So I have rang Zanussi and no straight forward answer there.

resarching a bit more some fridges are actually installed leaning back to help doors shut etc.

I mean wouldn’t it be helpful to put this in a manual. Very frustrating! Something so simple lol

13. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

I can attach clips as they are, but feels like I’m putting strain on the top hinge as bending the door. Not sure if that is correct either.

If anyone has info. Appreciated

14. woodbutcherbower

FWIW I actually went to their website to find an installation manual to see if I could help out a bit more. No chance. And all the pics are so low-res that you can't zoom in on any of the pics to see what's going on at foot level. Almost all integrated F/F are installed with a slight backwards lean. With no adjustment possible on yours, all I can really suggest is that you insert thin packers under one of the front feet to get it plumb and level (mixed glazing packers are best - they come in a pile of sizes from 1mm - 6mm).

As I said - I've been in the game over 30 years and I've never come across any integrated appliance which can't be levelled using adjustable feet. It actually looks like all of their products are actually bog-standard fridges which you just bung into a cabinet.

I think their advertising slogan was "Zanussi -The Appliance Of Science"

Yeah. Right.

tore81 likes this.
  15. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

thankyou appreciate it mate.

as the carcass door is level and fridge door isn’t they won’t be parallel so I’m presuming I have to pack up like you say. Otherwise bending the door in. Which can’t be great lol

Seems a bit of a grey area no answers on website etc.

feel better about packing up now atleast. I’ll do that. Thanks again

16. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

Appliance for science! Im hoping they have thought more about the mechanical side than the cabinetry lol

17. woodbutcherbower

No worries. Hope you get it sorted. All the best.

tore81 likes this.
  18. Mblack

Mblack Member

You don’t get adjustable feet on most built in fridge freezers, if your cabinet is level and plumb you shouldn’t need it any way. Saying that sometimes the machining can be a bit “off” so might require the odd shim.

Tilt and nigel willson like this.
  19. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

It’s literally 5mm but 5mm makes the sliders not line up. I tilt it 5mm and sliders line up nicely. So this will resolve it.

this may make sense if my cabinets aren’t true but the front is definetly plumb.

thsnkyou

20. tore81

tore81 Screwfix Select

A separate issue

I’m debating getting someone in to do the worktops as time is an issue. Also haven’t done square butt joint. Also heard Very difficult to get trades atm

Am I right in saying for a butt joint ideally needs to be square.

is there a way of making the joint off square, if you get me?