INTERNAL DAMP NEAR WINDOW!

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Raul B, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Raul B

Raul B Member

Hello,

Can someone take a look at the attached pictures and advise how I could fix this damp issue please???

Is there a spray or something I can apply on the pebble dash wall as I can’t see exactly what’s causing it...

I know there’s a bit at the bottom that looks darker n probably damp but the internal wall damp is much higher by at least 1 foot!?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. MalcyB

MalcyB Active Member

It looks like the internal plastering is bridging the cavity. We have come across this a few times when new windows/doors have been installed. We chopped out the plaster installed insulating foam then plastered and covered with UPVC trim which seems to have done the job. We could see the difference in temperature with a thermal camera. It could be that what is causing it?

Raul B likes this.
  3. Raul B

Raul B Member

I could do with a thermal camera. How much do they cost? What about an IR thermometer, will that work? Need to buy 1 of those to balance my radiator pipes (recommended 12 degrees difference on each of the pipes).

I’ve lived here 5 years n I’ve not changed the windows since moving in. I can say it’s been like this since I moved in. I did patch it up n sand it last summer but it’s come back again. So by ‘bridging the cavity’ you mean the pointing has come away? BUT it’s pebbledashed?

4. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Check your guttering.

5. Raul B

Raul B Member

Lol there’s no guttering there! It’s ground floor! Have you had a look at the pics?