Internal doors/frames issues

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Tallulah20, Aug 14, 2022.

1. MRY

MRY Screwfix Select

I don't think he's a joiner at all. Perhaps the OP will name the firm.

2. Tallulah20

Tallulah20 New Member

Thanks for the response, I guess when you put it like that I was being optimistic in what I expected, he supplied the doors hinges and handles, they all need painting so I think I'll get a decorator in and see what can be done, I want the door to close properly and the loose architraves to fit as some pull away from the wall they don't seem to be secured, and I'd like the skirting putting back on, I would of had all new architrave if I knew it wasn't going to fit back on and not match, oh and id like to win the lottery and move to Australia!

3. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

The gaps down the backs of the architraves can be masked with a quadrant bead if they are too large to be caulked and painted. The people who have advised you on here that it’s a decent job considering the age of the property and existing difficulties are all tradesmen. The ones who have condemned the work are not. Take advice as you will, but once everything is filled and painted it will look a good job.

4. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Perhaps they won’t, being as that would be grossly unfair to the guy when he appears to have done the best he could, and having the inexperienced likes of you rip into someone’s work from the safety of a keyboard when you struggled and took weeks to dryline your own shed is farcical to say the least.

5. Tallulah20

Tallulah20 New Member

Thank you, appreciate this, I hadnt thought of beading but that should work well.

Jord86 and Astramax like this.
  6. MRY

MRY Screwfix Select

Had I done that work, I would be ashamed of it. I won't bother with the rest of your ridiculous reply.