Internal wall-floor insulation detailing

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by StuRt, Feb 11, 2023.

1. StuRt

StuRt New Member

Hi there, looking for some advice please.
    We're converting a detached garage in our garden into an office/studio space. We've been told by Building Control we don't need their approval as it is not going to be a 'habitable' space as far as they are concerned and its smaller than the sort of size they care about.
    The structure is (mostly) single-skin brick and we are insulating the interior (floors, walls and ceiling). I've been using the advice that Kingspan have in their product literature and I'm happy with most of the detailing apart from a few things:
    i) I just can't find how you finish the DPM up the wall … which side of the wall battens (and their DPC tape) would the dpm go, outer or inner side? Is the red line on the drawing correct?;
    ii) how does the VCL under the t&g finish? Do I simply lap it 100mm up the face of the internal wall and then lose it behind skirting?
    iii) we're going with pretty hefty insulation, can anybody recommend the best way of fixing through 100mm+ of insulation/plasterboard to reach the wall battens?
    iv) how are internal wall corners/junctions achieved? Mitred, stepped, butted?
    v) before I get started … please shout anything in the attached drawing is bad practice!
    Thanks in advance for any help

Attached Files: